Looking for solid advice

Touche'!!
:laugh:
Ok...I get M&M thinking that it's funny with the "reach for the pistol" thing. The problem is that the poster has 6 posts and is asking a serious question. To me it does a great disservice to people asking a good question be such a smartass.

If you need to ask if there is empirical data to support knocking on the doors of direct mail leads to increase your ROI then you clearly have no clue about MP or FE direct mail...which was the question of the poster.

Sarcasm is one thing, but not grasping the basics of a marketing strategy is another thing. Besides door knocking the only other thing an uncontacted two week old direct mail lead is good for is making smores when you take the lead card out back and light it on fire.

Ok...I get M&M thinking that it's funny with the "reach for the pistol" thing. The problem is that the poster has 6 posts and is asking a serious question. To me it does a great disservice to people asking a good question be such a smartass.

If you need to ask if there is empirical data to support knocking on the doors of direct mail leads to increase your ROI then you clearly have no clue about MP or FE direct mail...which was the question of the poster.

Sarcasm is one thing, but not grasping the basics of a marketing strategy is another thing. Besides door knocking the only other thing an uncontacted two week old direct mail lead is good for is making smores when you take the lead card out back and light it on fire.

"The word touché is often used in "popular culture" and general conversation—for example, in an argument or debate. If one person presents an argument and another delivers a clever or apt response, the first person may respond with "touché" as a way of acknowledging a good response."

I was acknowledging your "pithy" response to M&M's silly "empirical data" question. What you said was funny and to the point. I am on your side, WIN, and assumed you knew what "touche'" means. So, to clear it up in English without fencing terms... I agree with everything you said, and your remark about "pulling it out of your ass" was spot on and funny as hell.

"The word touché is often used in "popular culture" and general conversation—for example, in an argument or debate. If one person presents an argument and another delivers a clever or apt response, the first person may respond with "touché" as a way of acknowledging a good response."

I was acknowledging your "pithy" response to M&M's silly "empirical data" question. What you said was funny and to the point. I am on your side, WIN, and assumed you knew what "touche'" means. So, to clear it up in English without fencing terms... I agree with everything you said, and your remark about "pulling it out of your ass" was spot on and funny as hell.

I'm with ya...didn't take it that way. Tried to do a double quote and screwed it up and then just left it the way it was.

Back