Losing the discount

Here we go again ladies & germs. Over and over again this guy and a few more similarly minded egomaniacs think they are the only agents to have figured out that AARP is not actually an insurance company.

Like the rest of us are too stupid to figure that out or something.

Maybe someday he and other similarly minded individuals will realize that many other reasonably informed insurance pros just find it easier and simpler to abbreviate "sponsored by AARP and underwritten by UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company" as "AARP."

It's all the same dude. Grow up and stop being so condescending.
A more accurate abbreviation would be "UHC". :biggrin:

Here we go again ladies & germs. Over and over again this guy and a few more similarly minded egomaniacs think they are the only agents to have figured out that AARP is not actually an insurance company.

Like the rest of us are too stupid to figure that out or something.

Maybe someday he and other similarly minded individuals will realize that many other reasonably informed insurance pros just find it easier and simpler to abbreviate "sponsored by AARP and underwritten by UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company" as "AARP."

It's all the same dude. Grow up and stop being so condescending.

That is NOT the issue.

The issue is that AARP sold their soul to UHC (and to a lesser extent, New York Life) and stopped being only an advocate for the senior population. But forgot to tell anyone.

When they stop telling Seniors in my zip code to buy MAPD because it has better benefits than a Medicare Supplement, let me know. Because I am SURE it has nothing to do with the fact they make significantly more per policy on MAPD vs Med Supp.

Until that pig flies, I will continue to post as I like.

And if you take it as condescending because we know the history and you don't, that's your problem. Not ours.

That is NOT the issue.

The issue is that AARP sold their soul to UHC (and to a lesser extent, New York Life) and stopped being only an advocate for the senior population. But forgot to tell anyone.

When they stop telling Seniors in my zip code to buy MAPD because it has better benefits than a Medicare Supplement, let me know. Because I am SURE it has nothing to do with the fact they make significantly more per policy on MAPD vs Med Supp.

Until that pig flies, I will continue to post as I like.

And if you take it as condescending because we know the history and you don't, that's your problem. Not ours.
They have never been an advocate for the senior population.. Their position has been decidedly left wing from the start.

They have never been an advocate for the senior population.. Their position has been decidedly left wing from the start.

So? If it was just politics, that would be one thing. Roughly half the population is going to disagree with any political stance at any time.

The fact is, it always has been and always will be a marketing organization under the guise of an advocacy group.

I get that my moderate views make a bleeding heart liberal on this site, but they do go after some things in advocacy of people 50+. If they hadn't gone ballistic, the ratio for ACA plans would be 5-1, not 3-1. Which is in support of their original mission statement.

Its just the secrecy behind the UHC and NYL offerings that make me sick. Sick enough that I am not giving them any money..when I get to that age! ;)

I get that my moderate views make a bleeding heart liberal on this site, but they do go after some things in advocacy of people 50+. If they hadn't gone ballistic, the ratio for ACA plans would be 5-1, not 3-1. Which is in support of their original mission statement.

Its just the secrecy behind the UHC and NYL offerings that make me sick. Sick enough that I am not giving them any money..when I get to that age! ;)
I would not say I am on the extreme right but I consider Rush Limbaugh to be a left wing lib..:laugh:

Back