MA Annual Enrollment vs. Open Enrollment

I am curious too Jim.

I am wanting to get into the reverse mortgage market but I have yet to find someone to use.

I have been talking to an outfit out of CA, but I would rather use someone local.

I don't want people thinking I'm not responding. I PM'd thebrit and I'll PM you as well midwestbroker. Don't want to get this thread too far off topic.

J.R., I thought you were in Maryland. When did you move to Connecticut?

About 1 week ago. Came up to be with the lady and and give Jessie some competition :)

Just kidding, I'm only going to be focusing on seniors shortly.

I won't quote the long post from MAPDJim where he complains of UHC's slow process, but I will testify that I also had almost the exact problem. I submitted my contract to them October 10th, and didn't get everything resolved until the week after Christmas.

I should also say, be careful of the large number of printing errors in their publications. I have an errata sheet I compiled that is unbelievable. And they claim CMS approval!

Lastly, the so-called Distribution Service Unit (DSU) is apparently so new, they are little help. I have been told several times they didn't know the answer to my question, but would "expedite" my request and to expect a report back in 72 hours. I have yet to get any report back from these issues, but it appears to being corrected recently.

I spoke with some new clients who went to a UHC seminar for Secure Horizons here in KC.

They told me that the presenters really had no information about networks, couldn't answer questions that were not in the book, etc. They got the idea that they were very very new and had no idea what was going on in the market.

Amazing, they told me, is that because the AARP logo was there, they had people enrolling.

Their plan in KC is the worst plan that I have seen as far as co-pays and out of pocket expenses.

Yes, but it gets your foot in the door, so to speak. So many seniors think AARP is the only credible (Note: not "creditable") policy out there. Some of them trust anything AARP sells. The difficulty is in showing them that AARP's plans come short. It helps if you are certified with AARP and have their product in hand, and can offer them what they demand, regardless. At that point you can attempt to show them a better product, but if they insist, give them what they want.

The wide range of products beats everything else, HMOs, POSs, PPOs, PFFSs, SNPs, Med Sups, etc., not to mention 50-64 Health plans. Not every product is available in every state, or even in every county, but it covers where others may not. Not all products are co-branded with AARP.

What I have found, is that UHC's sales promotional material cannot be beat. Coventry's is non-existant.

Last edited:
Back