MAN... This is Tough!!!

I ran a quote for a client yesterday, they are currently with Farmers. They have two cars and a condo policy. I saved them $1,600 a year!! I could not beleive it myself!! and yes, the coverage limits were apples to apples. FYI.. I'm in Washington State.

I want to know how you achieved bringing on 8 carriers starting out. I have been in this business for years and just went independent and I can not get the attention of most companies without selling out to be captive from SIAA or someone who still would own me and defeat my purpose of being my own boss and being free.

I want to know how you achieved bringing on 8 carriers starting out. I have been in this business for years and just went independent and I can not get the attention of most companies without selling out to be captive from SIAA or someone who still would own me and defeat my purpose of being my own boss and being free.

How many years have you been in business? Most carriers I'm talking too just need 3 years of insurance sales. FYI I'm dealing with Erie, Travelers, Progressive, and Encompass so far. I am looking to supplement those if they go well with Smart Choice Agents or Agent Secure so I can sell Metlife and Safeco.

I would also like to know how you got those appointments directly? I was captive from April 2010 until just this month. If I don't have the info to fill in on the forms asking about my top carriers and production and all that, are they even going to look at my app?

Thanks!
amber

I ran a quote for a client yesterday, they are currently with Farmers. They have two cars and a condo policy. I saved them $1,600 a year!! I could not beleive it myself!! and yes, the coverage limits were apples to apples. FYI.. I'm in Washington State.

I know this post was from a year ago, but if you are lurking on here I will tell you that you should try to have people like this give you a testimonial after you make them so happy. Then plaster testimonials from happy clients all over your marketing material...people want to hear what others are saying about you, not what you say about you.

So, I have been tossing around the idea of starting an independent agency as well instead of dealing with SF any longer. I would not be able to keep my book obviously, but are there any suggestions on going with an MGA. I want binding authority and below a 10k start up fee. I would like to get my own appointments but its been pretty tough in my area. I know with SF there were stipulations on getting renewals after a year not 6 months, but with other carriers do you began earning the comm. after 6 months on renewals or do they hold for a year?
:goofy:

Back