MAPD is subsidized by a broken Gov’t

Chances MAPD becomes non commissioned

• Lower than 50%

Votes: 17 89.5%
  • Higher than 50%

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think we do a disservice to newbies declaring how to skate thru AHIP clicking on next and not explaining the risk of selling MAPD. Govt subsidized programs can change with a change in the whitehouse every 4 years. Just sayn.

I think we do a disservice to newbies declaring how to skate thru AHIP clicking on next and not explaining the risk of selling MAPD. Govt subsidized programs can change with a change in the whitehouse every 4 years. Just sayn.
That is the whole health insurance industry in general. You realize this right? Really, there is a risk in any business. Goodness.

What makes you think that these commissions are going away? And what makes you think it has to do with government debt? The government doesn't pay these commissions unless I am missing something here.
Govt subsidies go to the carriers. They get wacked like medicare payments the first to lose will be agent comps. Guaranteed

Young insurance salesman need to know MAPD IS NOT a typical industry product which are guaranteed renewals while on the books

Obviously u cant handle a contrarian view. Im retired and find it fascinating the level of denial
No, I just think your view is extreme and paranoid. The things you are worried about is a potential that every agent knows and understands if they have half a brain. But why freak out about it? Makes no sense.

Of course you are complaining about two separate things.

1. The SOAs. This is what I really don't understand about your post. It's required. Deal with it and move on.
2. Potential loss of commissions. This is a legitimate concern because we saw it happen with Obamacare. But there is nothing to suggest that it is happening tomorrow and it does not work how you seem to think it does.

I always explain not only that but they can and sometimes do change annually, Sometimes drasticly

If they still want the MA plan over Medsupp I sell it

All my clients know this risk

Back