MAPD is subsidized by a broken Gov’t

Chances MAPD becomes non commissioned

• Lower than 50%

Votes: 17 89.5%
  • Higher than 50%

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I always explain not only that but they can and sometimes do change annually, Sometimes drasticly

If they still want the MA plan over Medsupp I sell it

All my clients know this risk

Of course we inform clients. I am talkn about these young people coming into selling this product

No, I just think your view is extreme and paranoid. The things you are worried about is a potential that every agent knows and understands if they have half a brain. But why freak out about it? Makes no sense.

Of course you are complaining about two separate things.

1. The SOAs. This is what I really don't understand about your post. It's required. Deal with it and move on.
2. Potential loss of commissions. This is a legitimate concern because we saw it happen with Obamacare. But there is nothing to suggest that it is happening tomorrow and it does not work how you seem to think it does.
Of course my post is extreme. But it is happening already. There are many agents that wont touch MAPD. I posted this mainly as a contrarian view so that newer agents dont run with all the hype I read in these forums. Its a disservice. I will sell some in Oct but not many. More for u be happy.

Ever heard of Obamacare? The whole industry has the same risk.
The sky fell with Obama commissions? Wow that sux. Never sold any of that and never will do another govt subsidized insurance products.

Life, dental, LTC, med supp all have much less risk and any young person coming into the insurance business imo should have full knowledge that MAPD just isnt the same animal. Peace

Of course my post is extreme. But it is happening already. There are many agents that wont touch MAPD. I posted this mainly as a contrarian view so that newer agents dont run with all the hype I read in these forums. Its a disservice. I will sell some in Oct but not many. More for u be happy.
:rolleyes:

The sky fell with Obama commissions? Wow that sux. Never sold any of that and never will do another govt subsidized insurance products.

Life, dental, LTC, med supp all have much less risk and any young person coming into the insurance business imo should have full knowledge that MAPD just isnt the same animal. Peace
Hey guess what, if Medicare for All passes we all lose our jobs.

Hey guess what, if Medicare for All passes we all lose our jobs.
Thats my point. I dont sell govt programs since 2005 herded them into the product. If medicare for all passes that has no affect on real insurance products that are not teathered to CMS

Thats my point. I dont sell govt programs since 2005 herded them into the product. If medicare for all passes that has no affect on real insurance products that are not teathered to CMS

Sure it does. If Medicare for All passes there won't be a need for those products except for things like Term-Life bundled with CI etc. Med Supps will be gone. Dental gone.

Back