Maybe the fmo’s will sue WellCare for the agents . Lol

In case anyone was looking for contacts at WellCare to send a nice note to.

I texted one of the people on that list earlier this morning.... interesting that his phone number is TBD on the list, but his name is still there. The text is now green instead of blue. So, I was expecting him to not be with wellcare anymore.

I doubt very much that Wellcare is doing this to try to swing the PDP users to MAPD. Wellcare's MAPD plans were bad before Centene, and in the last 2 to 3 years they have become total canine excrement. An exec would have ot be totally stupid to assume that Wellcare PDP users ( typically Med Supp clients of someone else) will leave a great Med Supp plan to wallow in the mud of a Wellcare MAPD plan...not logical...not happening. This is an exec who thinks it would be great to ride out this difficult season with an additional $50 mill in the company's coffers. A class action lawsuit will cost them three times this amount before all is said and done.

I doubt very much that Wellcare is doing this to try to swing the PDP users to MAPD. Wellcare's MAPD plans were bad before Centene, and in the last 2 to 3 years they have become total canine excrement. An exec would have ot be totally stupid to assume that Wellcare PDP users ( typically Med Supp clients of someone else) will leave a great Med Supp plan to wallow in the mud of a Wellcare MAPD plan...not logical...not happening. This is an exec who thinks it would be great to ride out this difficult season with an additional $50 mill in the company's coffers. A class action lawsuit will cost them three times this amount before all is said and done.

WellCare have an insane amount of LIS/Dual eligibles on PDP's.

In case anyone was looking for contacts at WellCare to send a nice note to.
I basically have insurance company marketing emails tuned out in my brain, so I never pay attention, but I checked my emails and noticed the 2 regional managers assigned to me stopped emailing me sometime in mid-April. They must've known the chaos that was coming. Before that, the emails were regular and routine. Multiple emails per week. If they're smart, hopefully they left the company or at least have those resumes all polished up and ready to go, because this company is gonna lose a LOT of money, soon.

That’s over $35,000 a year. I have a hard time keeping my motivation up over this BS.

WellCare has 2 MAPD’s in my area. Both HMO’s. PPO is gone after 12-31-24.
I still haven't completed AHIP. I'm so sick and tired of this shit, to be very honest. I have no motivation to do anything for most of these these companies.

Aetna and United are all fying well under the radar because of this unprecedented unethical and felonious nuclear bomb that WellCare dropped on us, but they also made a few plans uncommisionable, and a few of United's are MAPD's from what I hear. The problem is these companies are all getting way too big.

Centene owns WellCare and like 7 other companies both in Medicare and on ACA. I mean, SEVEN??? When do antitrust laws kick in??? Jesus Christ. I still think HCSC shouldn't have been allowed to buy Cigna. That's one less player now.

You've basically now got HCSC (Blue Cross/Anthem), Aetna, Centene, and Humana. And Centene (WellCare) is no longer an option. That company is dead to me. And Humana is on life support.

Devoted is out there, but they're way too new and have no brand recognition. And Zing is a shit company that they're probably pumping up for a few years to eventually sell it off.

Cigna was a huge loss, in my opinion. They had a popular name and a lot of brand recognition. It's hard to trust these smaller and newer companies, because you don't know if they're just setting you up to eventually dump in a few years.

I will say this....I have worked ACA under-65 marketplace since 2015, and when no one else was paying commissions, HCSC (Blue Cross/Anthem) still was.

They weren't paying for special enrollments (but you eventually got paid for those people when open enrollment hit, anyway), but they were still paying for all open enrollment clients.

There was only one other insurer on the market even offering plans, and it was little Ambetter with their garbage network. They paid basically nothing..maybe $7-$10 a plan. It was like having no competition for Blue Cross. The others all pulled out. Do with that information what you will.

Last edited:
I still haven't completed AHIP. I'm so sick and tired of this shit, to be very honest. I have no motivation to do anything for most of these these companies.

Aetna and United are all fying well under the radar because of this unprecedented unethical and felonious nuclear bomb that WellCare dropped on us, but they also made a few plans uncommisionable, and a few of United's are MAPD's from what I hear. The problem is these companies are all getting way too big.

Centene owns WellCare and like 7 other companies both in Medicare and on ACA. I mean, SEVEN??? When do antitrust laws kick in??? Jesus Christ. I still think HCSC shouldn't have been allowed to buy Cigna. That's one less player now.

You've basically now got HCSC (Blue Cross), Aetna, Centene, and Humana. And Humana is on life support. Devoted is out there, but they're way too new and have no brand recognition. And Zing is a shit company that they're probably pumping up for a few years to eventually sell it off.

Cigna was a huge loss, in my opinion. They had a popular name and a lot of brand recognition. It's hard to trust these smaller and newer companies, because you don't know if they're just setting you up to eventually dump in a few years.
Thats why i have avoided writing devoted . Sure feels like they’re buying business . But then again Aetna and Humana did the same thing . The only stable ones from start to now are United and Anthem

Back