MedPoint Advantage

The company in GA offers commissions on Medicare reimbursed items, essentially a kickback, which is completely illegal by Medicare and CMS.

Also, they require a huge amount of paperwork and months of waiting to get compensation. The agent only gets paid once the claim goes through which is a small percentage of the time.

This is quoted directly from their website:

"How do I qualify to enroll in MedPoint Advantage?
The plan is available to individuals at any age, in every state and every county who, by doctors orders, are required to check their blood glucose level and have Medicare or Medicaid. Individuals who have Medicare Advantage Plans and private insurance are also eligible to enroll."

This is the indirect way of saying you must be 65 & older and on Medicare.

You have not been certified to sell Medicare plans, have you? A lot of my clients are on Medicare and under 65. This is one of CMS's biggest pet peeves. If you advance the idea that Medicare is only for those over 65 you will be targeted by CMS for non-compliance. Take my word for it.:GEEK:

You do point out, rightfully, that MedPoint Advantage uses Medicare to obtain reimbursement for claims. I point out that they try to play down that requirement with pictures of young people, closely chosen words parallel to Medicare Advantage (even their name) that are misleading, and other statements that I don't think pass the "smell test".:skeptical:

I am amazed that CMS goes after minute words or phrases in major carrier literature with threatening dictates, and appears to turn a blind eye to this organization. Either the other shoe is about to drop, or CMS is inept in its ability to run Medicare. Now gee... which statement is most probable?:goofy:

---------------------------------------------------------------------
I went back and re-read my former post, and I have to admit that my statement is not what I intended it to say. Nevertheless, what I said is wrong. What I should have said is that MedPoint Advantage APPEARS to not be for Medicare beneficiaries. If you read the page from the top, no where does it mention Medicare until the last sentence at the bottom. Instead of calling attention to Medicare beneficiaries, it carries on about its benefits. One can also assume that any insurance contract might work. As a matter of fact, look at another website promoting this product MEDSURV l Authorized Medpoint Advantage Agents and you will see what I mean. It is a blatant attempt to hook diabetics with no mention of Medicare at all on the home page. The only mention of Medicare as a requirement is that one sentence on the "benefits" page. No other mention of Medicare on any other page. This playing down of the fact that you have to have Medicare to get claims reimbursement is riding the fine line of ethics. In MY opinion, it should be up front.

Last edited:
I was contacted by this company,ReliefHealthServices almost a month ago. I signed up with them. I got all the information emailed to me that same day I gave them my information. All i had to do was print out the agent application signed it and fax it back, that same afternoon i got my user name and i started sending them my client applications and i have already received two checks from them. Its completely hassle free and easy. and you dont have to chase that "Phil Minga"

I was participating with MEDPoint but it was way too much of a runaround... Relief Health Services is sooooo much easier, and they actually return your emails and calls...
:)

You have not been certified to sell Medicare plans, have you? A lot of my clients are on Medicare and under 65.

I sell supplemental and advantage plans all selling season long and probably see less than 1% of my clients who are on Medicare be under the age of 65. It's a rarity from my experience.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What is the address of this company and who are the principals? Seems they are reticent to share that info, including a phone #, to the general public. I look askance at operations like that. I'm Too lazy to contact your sec of State so perhaps you could post it here?

Per the request of the Policy Doctor, the following contact information for Relief Health Services is provided.

Address:
Relief Health Services
2400 W. Cypress Creek Rd.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309

Phone:
954-495-8468

Email:
info@reliefhealthservices,com

This was provided in the confirmation email I received when I signed up. Sorry, I do not know who the principals are.

Last edited:
I WORK FOR MEDPOINT ADVANTAGE IN A DEVELOP OF NEW PROGRAM IN PUERTO RICO. THEY ARE THE WORSE COMPANY THAT I NEVER WORK. THE NATIONAL DIRECTOR PILL MINGA IS ALSO THE PRESIDENT ALL IN ONE. THEY DONT HAVE ANY STRUCTURE AND THEY DONT PAY FOR THE APPLICATiON. IS SUPPOSE THAT THEY OFFER A TELEHEALTH PROGRAM BUT ANY THEY OFFER TO ASSIST tHE CUSTOMER AT FINISH AT ALL THEY ONLY HAVE A PROJECTED MODEL. IT WAS A FUSTRATION AN WE NEVER GET PAID. :nah:

Mr. Puerto Rico, Relief Health Services deals in Puerto Rico. They dish out twice the commissions as MedPoint and have more products than just Diabetic Supplies. Also, they are not the provider of the equipment, just the referral source. They work with the largest medical supply companies in the nation, ensuring your client gets the best service along with highest quality of equipment and supplies.

Call an account manager at 954-495-8468 for more info.

Re: Relief health Services

Hello, I was reading you input on Relief health Services and I have a question for you. How do you like the sevice and are you making money and are they for real. I am just asking before signing up with them. I am doing my research and homework on this company just want to make this company is for real.

Please give me a call (909) 996-5019
Thanks
Robert

Email:[email protected]

I was contacted by this company,ReliefHealthServices almost a month ago. I signed up with them. I got all the information emailed to me that same day I gave them my information. All i had to do was print out the agent application signed it and fax it back, that same afternoon i got my user name and i started sending them my client applications and i have already received two checks from them. Its completely hassle free and easy. and you dont have to chase that "Phil Minga"

I was participating with MEDPoint but it was way too much of a runaround... Relief Health Services is sooooo much easier, and they actually return your emails and calls...
:)

The agency I work with does not work with reliefhealthservices and I would like to contract with them. Does anyone have an agency code that I could use? I don't care but I cannot contract without one.

The agency I work with does not work with reliefhealthservices and I would like to contract with them. Does anyone have an agency code that I could use? I don't care but I cannot contract without one.

I would just call them up if I were you or go to the website. they'll probably tell you what you need to do to get signed up.

Back