MLR Senate/House Momentum - NAHU

I can't imagine a consumer paying a consulting fee except in rare situations.

I have friends that are fee base "financial advisors" and I also know employee benefit consultants that charge a fee. Can't imagine Joe Lunchpail paying a fee.

I pay a fee to my CPA to un-complicate the tax code. I pay a fee to my lawyer, to figure out the law. We know PPACA is so jacked up, If you/we don't understand it yet, how about the average person making over 45/90k a year. They will want advice on protecting health and wealth accordingly. Lunchbox Joe will get subsidized, not your market. I was rambling before regarding target market. Focus on income, and those that don't want gov't involved in their lives. I hear tea party folks are all for private exchanges!

Where is anybody getting the idea of charging fees. I read the article & I didn't see that.

Yes, private exchanges will exist in every state. It will be THE place for everyone making over 400% of the poverty level. Fee based will me the model in those states that don't allow a commission for an agent (in or outside the exchange), or a mechanism to allow you to compensated fairly above a very low commission.

States don't have the money to set up exchanges. Neither do the feds which is why they are trying to get the states to do it.

Of course exchanges are redundant with the private market.

Most folks making xs of 400% of the FPL have group health insurance.

Last edited:
Hasn't UTAH had an exchange for years? Maybe not, don't know if exchanges in UT are GI? Overall, this entire exchange idea is just ridiculous.

Back