Mr. Duford-Final Expense Agent Mentor

Since when has Dave become Mr. Duford???

I got shoes older than him..... ;-)

hairy-fat-guy.jpg

As long as your undies aren't...

Dave "Mr. Duford" Duford is good people and his training materials are top notch, especially if you are very new or a veteran who has struggled with no training and clearly defined path on which to run.
He comes across as a good, straightforward person in his videos. I would fully embrace his full approach except I'm not planning to drop mail yet which he's pretty clear he's only interested in agents willing to do that.

He comes across as a good, straightforward person in his videos. I would fully embrace his full approach except I'm not planning to drop mail yet which he's pretty clear he's only interested in agents willing to do that.

Unless you starting part time, dont jump into FE sales unless you are willing to spend money on marketing. Dave's one of the few that will be honest with you about that. Save up your money, and call him when youre ready.

The people going on and on about paying "$17k THOUSAND DOLLARS!!!!!!" are failing to understand that by the time you've paid out that money, it's not that much anymore. :)

If you are confident in your ability to produce 50k without basic mistakes that may jeopardize your career, then maybe FEX is the way to go. But understanding our own psychology is important here too. There's more at stake than 17k or 50k. Millions possibly. If you take a shot with a higher contract and less training, relying on all the "free" (and often contradictory) info out there, but then fail due to some basic oversight on your own part, you may give up and quit. How much would you lose over your life, and how much would it be worth to get that back?

It's easy for successful producers to sneer at this idea because they're already successful, but many remember the confusion and insecurity of their first year when it would have been easier to get derailed.

This isn't to specifically endorse David Duford, just the concept of sharing commission in exchange for training. If you understand yourself, the industry, the companies, the sales process, the apps, and the business enough to where you're confident you'll succeed without training, then you'd be stupid to give up a chunk of your earnings for something you don't need. But if you don't know all of these things well enough to see where you fit in it, then you're probably proving that you would benefit from trading commissions for a solid training program.

Stop thinking about what you're giving up compared to what you're earning, because you're assuming you're GOING to earn that money, but if you actually need the training, there's no way you can know that you actually WOULD make that money without it. Instead, we need to be humble enough to say there's a reason most new agents will miss out on millions of dollars throughout their life. There are a lot of things that get them out of the industry and if I'm honest, there's no way I know what they all are. So what am I willing to do to raise MY odds of not being one of them?

Complaining about the "17 THOUSAND DOLLARS" (which must be in all caps of course) is like complaining to the bank about the interest on a loan you're not going to get because your credit is too shitty in the first place.

Back