My first WOW moment

MikeyR

Expert
I had the opportunity to work with an accountant we got their Worker's Comp, E&O, and BOP

Previously with State Farm

E&O = $3,302
BOP = $500
Workers Comp = $652

With Us
E&O (Hiscox) = $1000
BOP = $802
Workers Comp = $811

It was crazy to see such a huge savings between their previous E&O and us placing them with Hiscox

I'm surprised to see that State Farm had the E&O. I get a lot of business referred from State Farm, and I was under the impression they could not write E&O. Maybe it's just certain E&O they can't write, or maybe that policy was grandfathered.

I'm surprised to see that State Farm had the E&O. I get a lot of business referred from State Farm, and I was under the impression they could not write E&O. Maybe it's just certain E&O they can't write, or maybe that policy was grandfathered.
They had been with State Farm for 15 years so probably the second I am not sure.

Accountants are very well connected. You should make sure you figure out how to get some referrals. Personally I consider a sales appointment a failure if I walk away with less than 3 or 4 referrals.

Accountants are very well connected. You should make sure you figure out how to get some referrals. Personally I consider a sales appointment a failure if I walk away with less than 3 or 4 referrals.

Agreed, they actually gave us their salon and each of the salon booth renters as well so that’s next on the agenda but yeah when we go back in to close I am going to be getting referrals!

If you haven't already woven it into the pitch and conversation, you've probably already missed many referral opportunities. Hopefully you can still get some. The salon owners are extremely well connected with other hairdressers, so that should do well as far as referrals too, but you can't just wait 'till the end then ask. With those, you should be getting around 5 or more referrals each.

If you haven't already woven it into the pitch and conversation, you've probably already missed many referral opportunities. Hopefully you can still get some. The salon owners are extremely well connected with other hairdressers, so that should do well as far as referrals too, but you can't just wait 'till the end then ask. With those, you should be getting around 5 or more referrals each.
Interesting, I mean they are a family friend so referrals won't be an issue but I thought it would be better at the end when you have proved yourself especially as a captive where I may not end up being able to help them. Moving forward I will try to use it in the start rather then the end.

Back