Need advice on appointment setting

Where did he say that? He didn't even say that he's currently running 10 appts a day, 5 days a week, that's his goal.

Yeah, maybe I read his comment too fast...he said doing 8-12 appts is pretty easy.

I find that you can run 8-12 appts per day pretty easy if set in a close distance.on the hour with an hour window.

Well, that much is true - if you have 10 appointments a day, putting the addresses into Google Maps and driving around to them is indeed easy! Getting those appointments and closing them consistently...probably a bit harder.

Still, he's got ambition!

I think the problem with finding good out-bound appointment setter is difficult for several reasons.
I spent a couple of years, many years ago, working in an out-bound call center selling 3 day mini-vacations.

The most successful callers were senior citizens. Why? 1). They needed the money. 2) In my opinion, senior citizens have a stronger work ethic than the younger generation(s).

If you are hiring appointment setters advertise for senior citizens. Those who reply to the ad will need the money. Make it plain to them you're paying commission only. If they don't call they won't make any money.
They'll probably need more training than the younger setters because of the computer dialing system they will need to use so make it plain in your ad for setters they must be computer literate and a fast learner.
There are plenty of senior citizens who make excellent appointment sitters. Explain to the older setters they will be making 1 or 2 appointments an hour. With experience they will be making 3 or 4 appointments per hour. Explain to them, and make it clear, how much money they will be making. And pay them well.

In most cases senior citizens will have no one living with them or just a spouse. No kids making noise in the background. No distractions for a caller with 2 kids crying for her attention all day long.

Now, put yourself in this scenario. You're a senior citizen sitting in your house watching TV in the evening and your phone rings. You answer the phone and hear the voice of another senior citizen who wants to talk to you about who is going to pay for your final expenses.

Are you going to hang up? Or talk?

Here's the scenario above. Ring. RIng.

Prospect: "Hello?"
Caller: "Is this Mary?"
Prospect: "Yes."
Caller: "Mary, my name is Sally. I'm a senior citizen like yourself that just found a company that will be paying for my final expenses and funeral. Have you found some one to pay for yours?"

Have a great day!
tinman

Last edited:
I don’t believe that anybody can effectively see 12 FE appointments per day M-F for any sustained period of time if there is any travel time involved at all; I’ve done that and more in a group enrollment for GI life where they basically just choose the benefit and sign their name but to do a FE presentation, naaah. Even if it is physically and mentally possible, I’m not sure why anybody would.

I don’t believe that anybody can effectively see 12 FE appointments per day M-F for any sustained period of time if there is any travel time involved at all; I’ve done that and more in a group enrollment for GI life where they basically just choose the benefit and sign their name but to do a FE presentation, naaah. Even if it is physically and mentally possible, I’m not sure why anybody would.
Face to face no... over the phone, very easily done (mentally speaking) if you have the right lead systems in place ;)

I agree with phone sales but he’s talking appointments. I think there are some agents who do try to schedule 10-12 per day but not day in and day out. My hats off to anybody that does though.

I agree with phone sales but he’s talking appointments. I think there are some agents who do try to schedule 10-12 per day but not day in and day out. My hats off to anybody that does though.
Having 10-12 appointments, doesn't mean 10-12 sits. Probably 25-33% will be no shows, one-leggers, etc. :yes:

Back