NetQuote....good/bad....ugly?

jahyatt

Expert
I'm a new agent. One bit of advice I got early on was to have a goal of turning out 3 proposals a day. I usually get 2 a day (sometimes only one) from my telemarketer, so I am buying leads.

I have had decent luck with Netquote homeowner leads. So far they are more than paying for themselves when you just look at how much I've paid vs. how much I have made.

Their life leads SUCKED. All I got were leads were some person in their 40's had put in their 75 year old mom or dad's name for life insurance to netquote. Then when they found out how much it would cost they never returned my calls. Worse yet Netquote refuses to credit these leads and insists that they are "legitimate" even though the person in whoes name the policy would be didn't even make the request.

Other than X selling, has anyone found a decent lead service or way to generate good life leads?

Justin

track what you are getting... i never had a problem getting credits from netquote, but over two months i bought 132 leads, and just from the ones I caught up with face to face, 69% hadn't completed anything online and weren't looking for quotes. when I requested credits, I got them, but then they now will only let me credit up to 25% of my leads, saying there is no way there would be that many fake ones. after 18 months, i quickly quit netquote, especially when they said I couldn't send in pictures of the 3000 sq ft home when it was really a 25yr old singlewide...

Not quite on topic but..just as a btw.. I created an email address, google voice number, and name just for a test lead through NetQuote (we were having various problems with them). After about two weeks this phone number and email address started getting slammed with companies selling magazine subscriptions, financing for student loans, and a ton of emails that were in spanish. Just an fyi for how legit these companies are.

Not sure about that. Netquote runs a quick match on for public data records and if the info you type in is bogus and you try to get a quote you'll get this message:

"Hmmm – it looks like there is an invalid entry in your quote request
(typically an invalid phone or address), so we can’t match you to agents in our network."

"Hmmm – it looks like there is an invalid entry in your quote request
(typically an invalid phone or address), so we can’t match you to agents in our network."

But would that deter them from selling the info to someone else? hmmmmm

The internet lead business is a "catch me" business. All sorts of s hit gets put out and it is up to the agent to catch it and then ask for credits. If you don't ask, you don't get them.

That is why it is important to avoid leads companies with caps for credits. The only one truly working on getting the agent the proper credits for their leads is the agent. Everybody else still gets paid if you can't verify a bad lead.

And I agree with Park on his statements because I get the same stuff through the mail all the time now for a name I made up two years ago. It has a life of it's own.

Last edited:
I get mail addressed to Lars Gilmo all the time. Garden state life loves Lars. So do mortgage refinance companies and apparently Lars is also a vetern, eligible for special progams from the VA. Never would have guessed a 7' 8" 325lb guy would be so popular.

Now I did this a couple years ago and they may have cleaned up, but how did these mortgage lenders get Lars's info?

I know nothing about netquote, but it may be possible that an annoyed agent could sell that information to recoup costs of leads that they couldn't get a credit on? Hence why some people experience the random follow up while others do not.

Latest posts

Back