NetQuote....good/bad....ugly?

"NetQuote....good/bad....ugly?"

All of the above!!VERY disappointed with them. In my last attempt (Jan & Feb 2011), most Auto leads were bogus or not reachable. Here were my numbers...87 leads received; 11 "bad" leads (no problem getting credits); 8 quotes; 2 sold; $3,077.54 annualized premium. Definitely NOT worth the money as I came out losing money, plus all the time spent working them.

And trust me, I worked them. I wasn't one of those send an email and hope they buy from me kinda guys. I made at least 7 attempts to call them at various times of day, on different days of the week. Emailed quotes & sent hard copies to addresses I knew were legit.

What's the definition of insanity again...?

Honestly, I don't understand why anyone generates insurance leads to sell to agents...

I'm getting between 35-300 a lead in other niches and don't have to listen to agents complaining to me about the leads either. lol

Last edited:
Honestly, I don't understand why anyone generates insurance leads to sell to agents...

I'm getting between 35-300 a lead in other niches and don't have to listen to agents complaining to me about the leads either. lol

No kidding. Really, not many people/companies DO generate insurance leads to sell to agents; most generate leads to sell to lead companies that sell to agents. Interestingly, just acquiring and dealing with agents has become an absolutely gigantic industry. Can anyone think of another market with so much money flying around where such an overwhelming percentage of end users are dissatisfied?

Strangely enough, the only other one I can think of is the actual insurance industry.

Last edited:
No kidding. Really, not many people/companies DO generate insurance leads to sell to agents; most generate leads to sell to lead companies that sell to agents. Interestingly, just acquiring and dealing with agents has become an absolutely gigantic industry. Can anyone think of another market with so much money flying around where such an overwhelming percentage of end users are dissatisfied?

Strangely enough, the only other one I can think of is the actual insurance industry.

Roger that. There are so many more lucrative industries to generate leads for, maybe that's why the insurance leads companies are consolidating... They'll be a few established companies around for the longhaul and the numerous tiny popup scammers.

Not to mention the payouts as an affiliate are sad. The highest insurance payouts are around 50 for a full life application w/ accuquote. Everyone else is around 6-24 for either life, health, or auto...

For example I started running a new profitable campaign in another financial niche that pays 82 a lead and there are none of the headaches of unhappy lead buyers, angry forum threads, or John Petrowski writing about me. lol

Roger that. There are so many more lucrative industries to generate leads for, maybe that's why the insurance leads companies are consolidating... They'll be a few established companies around for the longhaul and the numerous tiny popup scammers.

They aren't consolidating because there are too many companies out there; heck, new ones are still popping up fairly rapidly. What's happening is groups of investors who are assigned with finding SOME business to invest their people's money in are left with few choices; there aren't many industries that make sense to invest in right now.

When they acquire controlling interest in a company (like what just happened with Allwebleads), the first order of business is, "So, how can we make this company more profitable?" The obvious answer is, "To have more market share/agents," and the easiest way to do that is to acquire another company's customers (which they did in purchasing Insuranceleads.com).

I'm a new agent. One bit of advice I got early on was to have a goal of turning out 3 proposals a day. I usually get 2 a day (sometimes only one) from my telemarketer, so I am buying leads.

I have had decent luck with Netquote homeowner leads. So far they are more than paying for themselves when you just look at how much I've paid vs. how much I have made.

Their life leads SUCKED. All I got were leads were some person in their 40's had put in their 75 year old mom or dad's name for life insurance to netquote. Then when they found out how much it would cost they never returned my calls. Worse yet Netquote refuses to credit these leads and insists that they are "legitimate" even though the person in whoes name the policy would be didn't even make the request.

Other than X selling, has anyone found a decent lead service or way to generate good life leads?

Justin

I use direct mail with a 2% response weekly since December 2010......thats working for me after trying all kinds of other crap out there...I sell Life-primarily FE.

Back