New Quoting Website Launched - Advice/Feedback Wanted

I think it depends on the resolution. If you change the size of the browser, you'll notice the logo overlaps the navigation bar. Pretty easy fix.

If it helps I'm at 1440x900, Win7 in medium (125%) mode.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Also, if you need a coder I once used a site called Rentacoder. Now it's called vWorker vWorker.com. I once ran a dating site and they were cheep. If it's still ran the same way the coders bid for your work and you choose who does the work based on feedback from others that have had work done. It used to be the best one out there since your payment is put in escrow and the coders only get paid when you are satisfied with their work.

Last edited:
If it helps I'm at 1440x900, Win7 in medium (125%) mode.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Also, if you need a coder I once used a site called Rentacoder. Now it's called vWorker vWorker.com. I once ran a dating site and they were cheep. If it's still ran the same way the coders bid for your work and you choose who does the work based on feedback from others that have had work done. It used to be the best one out there since your payment is put in escrow and the coders only get paid when you are satisfied with their work.

I'm actually a CS graduate, so all the coding is taken care of. There are still some tweaks I want to focus on, thus the logo portion is last on my list at the current time.

This website was done as a "side" project with some insurance guys I met up with who currently get all of their leads from another quoting website. We've been doing quite a bit of SEO on it so we're hoping we can generate at least 2000 organic hits per month, which would potentially generate 60 leads per day.

It that a typo? Because 2,000 hits per month is 66 hits per day. You'd convert 66 hits into 60 leads?

Slightly a typo, yes. The statistics I'm providing is based on averages throughout 5 keywords.

The SEO opportunity for: Smoker Life Insurance, No exam term life quotes, and no exam term life has a combined total of roughly 10,000 searches on google per month.

I figure in 4-6 months of SEO on those keywords, we would be able to generate 20-30% of those searches to our website, and about 20% to actually fill out the quote form. So it would be about 13 leads per day.

These are all assumptions based on numbers, of course I could be completely wrong.

Last edited:
I'm actually a CS graduate, so all the coding is taken care of. There are still some tweaks I want to focus on, thus the logo portion is last on my list at the current time.

This website was done as a "side" project with some insurance guys I met up with who currently get all of their leads from another quoting website. We've been doing quite a bit of SEO on it so we're hoping we can generate at least 2000 organic hits per month, which would potentially generate 60 leads per day.

"My bad...". It's a good site, anyway. Maybe it will help anyone else building their own site.

I'm not an SEO expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I hear the words "we're ranking for this and that" thrown out all the time.

It's meaningless.

I beg to differ. What they're ranking for does matter and it matters quite a bit. The question I have is what do they mean by "ranking for". If it's not page 1, I don't think it matters much.

I'm only addressing agents spending "X" amount on SEO, then having their SEO "expert" at a later date point to the fact that they're now ranking page 1 for certain phrases - all of which drive next to no real traffic to the site and what does hit the site doesn't convert.

So before I'd pay anyone for SEO I'd want to know the target phrases and the estimated hits per month before I got going.

It matters in the fact that there are a number of disreputable people out there charging high amounts of money for phrases they know they can get good ranking for - 'cause it's easy - cause there's next to no competition - 'cause it's a dog term.

I beg to differ. What they're ranking for does matter and it matters quite a bit. The question I have is what do they mean by "ranking for". If it's not page 1, I don't think it matters much.

A website that we currently have analytics to is ranked 12th (on page 2). The majority of their traffic comes from Google. Thus, I don't think you have to be on Page 1. This month they have 800 vists - all organic from google, yahoo, and bing. Their application rate is about 3%.

Yes there are "dog crap" key terms out there. A little research would give you the details on the keywords. If you target high volume search keywords that have 300,000+ searches per month, it will take a lot of high quality SEO and advertising. Even that may not get you anywhere near the front page. We are targeting search terms that get a couple of thousand searches per month, I'll give you an update in a couple of months on how the traffic is doing.

I'll update this thread as often as I can to keep you guys informed. I'll try to provide as much information as possible. Our goal is to have decent results in 5-6 months. All the SEO is done by myself and my colleagues, so nothing is something we have to pay for. The content, however, is something we did pay for and are in the process of getting that reworked thanks to the great feedback from Crabcake Johnny.

Last edited:
Back