New to FE in SC

Lmao. Aden ain't sold a policy in 7 yrs i bet. All he does is distribute leads from his house and override a big downline.Wouldn't surprise me if he makes $150k a month.He was the first one to see the future in fixed leads and jumped on it.

Lets say I get a list from listshack.com how do I only get names that are on the DNC list to knock. I only see options to scrub the DNC names out for telemarketer list.

Just run 2 lists. Run all names with the filters you want, then run another list with the same filters that has the phone #'s scrubbed. Then cross the scrubbed names off the 1st list...it won't take long as 90 % of the names are on the DNC list.

...CUT...

#2 is a myth . . . If you go into a relationship already looking for a release - you aren't committed anyway - find another partner.

...CUT...

I wholeheartedly disagree. It has nothing to do with commitment and everything to do with protecting the agent from an unscrupulous upline/IMO, of which, there are unfortunately too many.

The reality is that if an IMO isn't willing to give an agent a release up front, it is the IMO that lacks commitment to the agent.

Last edited:
So, indirectly, you're saying the lists give better ROI? I've heard stories of reselling, skimming and poaching with lead programs.

So, indirectly, you're saying the lists give better ROI? I've heard stories of reselling, skimming and poaching with lead programs.

Yes, but you won't get the volume most guys want.

Working the data lists is just another way to market. Working the data lists isn't for everyone. They're a good way to go if you don't have the money to buy leads, or don't want to spend thousands on leads. I don't want.:laugh:

Door knocking will toughen you up, especially your knuckles..:yes:

I've heard these stories for years about agents buying the list of the non responders. And even know of a few that did just that.

But I don't know of a single top producer that's doing that stuff. Other than filler.

I know or have spoken to almost every high level FE producer you can think of.

The one thing they all have in common is that whatever they do, they do the same thing every week, every month, every year. They don't bounce around with a new idea every other week. They find what works for them and they do that.

One other thing they have in common. None will seek advice on the business from someone that doesn't do the business.

So my buds in the business say they get a lot of chargebacks, mainly because others working behind them (reasons stated above). Do you experience the same running data lists? I understand nothing is 100%.

Who are you asking?

Door knocking lists is for broke agents who plan to stay broke in the future. Buying direct mail leads is what all top producing FE agents do if they sell face to face.

You are correct that lead programs can be the easiest way for shady IMOs to rip off their agents. Don't let anyone confuse you with mixing together of old and new leads. This seems to be a common theme when agents call us claiming they got 25 leads per week but further in the conversation it comes out that it was a mixture of old and new leads.

You as the agent need to know how much you pay for new, unworked, exclusive leads that will never be resold. You own them. Do not let that conversation get clouded up by anything else. That is the key.

Anybody who's willing answer & help. In any other industry, sounds like baiting & switching! Thanks for the input.

So my buds in the business say they get a lot of chargebacks, mainly because others working behind them (reasons stated above). Do you experience the same running data lists? I understand nothing is 100%.

If you're asking me, I very rarely have a chargeback...almost never, because I don't usually write it if I don't sense that it's solid.

I had lots of chargebacks when I 1st started, but I was trained to use high pressure tactics, with the saying, "if you throw enough sh*t against the wall, a certain amount's gonna stick". I finally got tire of wasting so much time and now I only write them when I think they're solid deals and I'm no longer a high pressure salesman..

Also, keep in mind that I'm not a FE guy. I lead with Med Supps, and cross sell FE. If I was fulltime FE, I'm sure I'd buy leads.

Like I said, the way I like to work isn't for everyone(you have to be tough and need thick skin), but I enjoy it. I was trained to knock doors when I started the business. If I were starting now, I probably wouldn't knock doors.

Back