Non commissionable PDPs

Curious minds want to know how you’re going to handle that massive Aetna book stacked with mapd’s you always talk about . They shit the bed more than any other company I’ve seen . I guess you won’t be playing any golf this aep or even oep. They bought business in 2024 and got smoked

Hell, I never play golf during AEP until mid to late November. I have a decent size Aetna book. Like every year, I will review plans, run comparisons and advise my clients on which plan is a fit for them. I'm not seeing drastic changes on the Aetna plans. They're reducing the OTC card amount, increasing some copays on some things. Looks like the Signature plan will still have $2k in dental.

Biggest frustration I have is Aetna won't be mapping people over to the new plans. That means if the client is staying with Aetna a new application has to be written or you have the client call in the make the change. I'm not a fan of advising the client to call the carrier to make the change. Just don't trust that it will be handled properly.

There will always be a market for Med Supps, hyperbole to say they are dying... and this is someone who sells way more MAPD than Supps
Dude, you forgot to type literally so everyone knows that you really know what you are talking about. Let me help...

Literally there will always be a market for Med Supps, it's literally hyperbole to say they are dying... and this is literally someone who sells way more MAPD than Supps

There will always be a market for Med Supps, hyperbole to say they are dying... and this is someone who sells way more MAPD than Supps
You are right that is hyperbole. The fact is though more and more people are looking at Advantage and if agents don't adapt they will lose business. I would just caution anyone on here that is strictly med supp to open your mind to change.

You are right that is hyperbole. The fact is though more and more people are looking at Advantage and if agents don't adapt they will lose business. I would just caution anyone on here that is strictly med supp to open your mind to change.

You're not completely wrong. I sell advantage plans because consumers want them. I also sell supps because consumers want that too.

You ever see a car dealership that refused to sell trucks or sub's, only sedans? It's like saying, those things cost more to fuel, so nobody wants them, only sell high mpg vehicles... why not just sell what people want?

It probably shouldn't be completely overlooked that an upline might get a 1% on your Supp sale, and $50 on your advantage sale.

You're not completely wrong. I sell advantage plans because consumers want them. I also sell supps because consumers want that too.

You ever see a car dealership that refused to sell trucks or sub's, only sedans? It's like saying, those things cost more to fuel, so nobody wants them, only sell high mpg vehicles... why not just sell what people want?

It probably shouldn't be completely overlooked that an upline might get a 1% on your Supp sale, and $50 on your advantage sale.
I'm trying to be better at absolutes. People called me out on here and I agree with them. My mind goes to absolutes and there is no such thing. Med supps will always be around.

Hell, I never play golf during AEP until mid to late November. I have a decent size Aetna book. Like every year, I will review plans, run comparisons and advise my clients on which plan is a fit for them. I'm not seeing drastic changes on the Aetna plans. They're reducing the OTC card amount, increasing some copays on some things. Looks like the Signature plan will still have $2k in dental.

Biggest frustration I have is Aetna won't be mapping people over to the new plans. That means if the client is staying with Aetna a new application has to be written or you have the client call in the make the change. I'm not a fan of advising the client to call the carrier to make the change. Just don't trust that it will be handled properly.
In the state of Ga Aetna is axing almost every freedom plus plan for 25 . That’s was Aetna’s hottest plan in 2025. The signature plan is being non renewed in several counties. The new plans have about 1/2 the dental of 2024

Back