Opening A FE Call Center . . .

myinsurebiz

I am what I am . . .
5000 Post Club
A good friend was remodeling his Insurance Agency's building that had 48 Work Cubicles, complete with chairs, computers, monitors and all the accessories. He asked me to sell them to make room.

I had a buyer lined up and she cancelled the day before she was to come get everything. So - for some crazy reason, I guess to do my friend a solid, I bought it all . . . Got a great deal.

So - first of the year I'm going to open a Call Center focusing on FE.

I doubt I will staff all 48 work stations - so, I'm going to fill in seats with trained Telemarketers that will generate Leads - ie: TM Leads and Live Transfers.

What is the going rate for these?

We will be using American callers and quality, scrubbed lists.

Thoughts?

I'm going to fill in seats with trained Telemarketers that will generate Leads - ie: TM Leads and Live Transfers.

What is the going rate for these?

$0. They're dead... UNLESS you're generating your own data. Which you're not since you're calling on scrubbed lists.

This type of lead has put so many agencies and agents out of business and they don't even know it's the culprit. The peristency on sales from these leads are atrocious since every foreign call center is calling on the same data.

Last edited:
$0. They're dead... UNLESS you're generating your own data. Which you're not since you're calling on scrubbed lists.

This type of lead has put so many agencies and agents out of business and they don't even know it's the culprit. The peristency on sales from these leads are atrocious since every foreign call center is calling on the same data.

How do you generate your own data?

So buying data from list vendors is a no go then?

Right. You can generate leads, but the quality of lead and the persistency of that business if you write a policy is terrible.

A final expense live transfer should cost $50+ if it's a web generated lead and transferred over...and those work. It's just the low cost, cold calling on DNC scrubbed lists that doesn't.

There aren't many FE telesales agencies out there left. It's the carnage leftover from the Live Transfer mania that hit the industry the last few years. Most of those agents and agencies are out of the business or pivoted elsewhere.

Right. You can generate leads, but the quality of lead and the persistency of that business if you write a policy is terrible.

A final expense live transfer should cost $50+ if it's a web generated lead and transferred over...and those work. It's just the low cost, cold calling on DNC scrubbed lists that doesn't.

There aren't many FE telesales agencies out there left. It's the carnage leftover from the Live Transfer mania that hit the industry the last few years. Most of those agents and agencies are out of the business or pivoted elsewhere.
Sounds like JD might have had it pegged right.

Whut, whut??:arghh::arghh:
"There aren't many FE telesales agencies out there left. It's the carnage leftover from the Live Transfer mania that hit the industry the last few years. Most of those agents and agencies are out of the business or pivoted elsewhere."

Back