Penn Life

Nov 5, 2007

1. Juddzilla

Juddzilla Expert

Hi Guys

After a really bad experience (with a company I was warned about here) I am ready to go back to FE expense only. I had a meeting with a Pennsylvania Life manager, and I'm now doing my homework before making a decision.

Any thoughts or experiences with Penn Life, especially here in CA? Thanks!

2. Cenla Agent

Cenla Agent Guru

State:
    Louisiana
    As I understand it Pennsylvania Life is mainly engaged in selling Med Supps and Medicare Advantage (Today's Options) for drastically reduced commissions, where the only way to really make money is to recruit a lot of agents under you.

3. Juddzilla

Juddzilla Expert

Hmmm, according to the manager, this branch's main focus is FE, LTC and annuities.

4. Cenla Agent

Cenla Agent Guru

State:
    Louisiana
    Maybe this is something different. The one I'm thinking of is Pennsylvania Life, a sister company to Pyramid, both part of UAFC.

5. Kimber

Kimber Super Genius

You are both right. They have seperate divisions of captive and brokerage. The rules are very different for each.

Kimber, Nov 6, 2007
  6. Cenla Agent

Cenla Agent Guru

State:
    Louisiana
    OK. What I'm thinking of is captive.

7. Cenla Agent

Cenla Agent Guru

State:
    Louisiana
    Some other major FE players are Transamerica, Lincoln Heritage, and I think Oxford. There are some old threads about FE products, marketing, etc.

8. senior-advisor-indiana

senior-advisor-indiana Guru

State:
    Indiana
    I was talking about the captive side, Senior Solutions. I worked for them a couple years ago. Now I have a non captive contract with them.

9. Juddzilla

Juddzilla Expert

What has been your overall impression?

10. senior-advisor-indiana

senior-advisor-indiana Guru

State:
    Indiana
    I recieved the best training there compared to the other captive places I have worked. After you get trained there is no reason to stay captive.

We had PLENTY of people to see each week there. We would call on current clients that bought disability 10-20 yrs prior and tried to cross sell senior products. Commissions sucked though. The only way to make decent money there is to have a down line. You definetly develop a good work ethic there.

Just because I got good training there doesn't mean you will get the same. It depends on the office. Oh I also forgot, they paid us to collect the premiums on the old disability products. And some times we would see people 3 weeks after another office had sent an agent there which sucked.