PMA/Conseco

I am lmao all the way to the bank. I won rookie of the year I wrote $99500 ap in 11 weeks. Started a DM position Jan 1st. So think what you want. Any questions feel free to ask.

Why would you go into management when you can produce like that without the headache of dealing with whining reps?

Was that a comment towards me?

Hardly, it was towards that knucklehead that was making crazy commissions as a rep and now is going to manage people. He needs to STFU and just go sell before he forgets how. I couldn't agree with you more.

I have worked for PMA for 3 months and have made 40K in commissions and bonuses. So those of you who are Haters. I would venture to guess you weren't following the program. I would challenge anyone to find another company that will give you this type of income this fast. Granted it does take hard work. Generally anything thats worthwhile does. But to those of you who are negative. I'll be thinking of you when I'm in Punta Cana in two weeks all expenses paid by PMA.
Clark, What can you tell me about your market? DO you really think it's possible to earn at your level by following PMA's program? I would love to hear more from you.

Clark 1982
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Clark 1982

I would like some input also from you. I am interviewing with the company in the east and wanted to make sure I wasn't setting myself up. I have been with another worksite marketing company for the last few years and they just don't have enough business to keep me busy working. Do most of the markets for PMA USA have good business or just a few. I can't afford to work for them and three months down the road not have anything to show for it. I am willing to work very hard, but I am not much at opening accounts. Any input would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Clark 1982
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Clark 1982

I would like some input also from you. I am interviewing with the company in the east and wanted to make sure I wasn't setting myself up. I have been with another worksite marketing company for the last few years and they just don't have enough business to keep me busy working. Do most of the markets for PMA USA have good business or just a few. I can't afford to work for them and three months down the road not have anything to show for it. I am willing to work very hard, but I am not much at opening accounts. Any input would be appreciated.

The money is prospecting and opening accounts...If all you are going to be is an ordertaker during enrollment you shouldn't expect much commission for that.

There are some mixed metaphors here.

PMA is divided into 2 divisions: WORKSITE (like Peter is referring to) and CONSUMER (that's who Clark--and I--work for).

The comment that "Conseco has been on the ropes" is--for lack of a better term--bullshit. They bought a mortgage company that was poorly run. It went into bankruptcy for a very short time, came out, and was sold.

They had LTC, but this was a forced takeover of another company by the PA insurance commissioner (Conseco wasn't the only company involved). The original company's underwriting was atrocious, and they went bust and several companies had to pitch in and take over.

Conseco is an A- rated FORTUNE 500 company. PMA is the marketing organization and is wholly owned by Conseco.

Someone has made the statement they thought the policies were overpriced. You're an ***. We have 100% return of premium: even if you get paid $300,000 in benefits (as one my actual clients have) you get 100% of your premium back. ONLY the PMA policies have this benefits. If you contract as an independent agent, it is return of premium MINUS claims. Conseco has returned over one BILLION dollars in premium to it's clients. The benefits on the policies are never reduced and the premiums never increase.

I have never worked for the Worksite division. I meet people in their homes, and have since 2007. I have qualifed for the sales convention every year. I have never made less than $100k per year. Yes some of the regional/state managers are douches.

But I started with AIL, and people on this board thought they were ok. They were lying bastards who did all they could to screw agents. Crappy leads, crappy products, no training. Some one said they had good commissions...I pissed my pants laughing: the commissions sucked (you average 38%). But they did teach me how to sell insurance. I left as soon as they asked me to start lying to customers. To make ANY kind of money, you had to work 6 days a week, drive 8 hours a day, and be prepared to have a LOT of policies fall off.

PMA is a good place to work. Good products, 100% return of premium. They pay their claims (unlike C******d or A****, etc.) A lot of cold calling. A lot of driving. A lot of overnight travel. But you get paid well. Bonuses are great. Clark, I enjoyed Punta Cana as well. Good time at the Hard Rock. See you next year in Cabo San Lucas.

Are they perfect? No. Did Clark earn what he said he did? Yes. Will I work there until I retire? Based on the week I had 2 weeks ago, yes. Based on the day I had today, no

Last edited by a moderator:
Conseco is the worse company I ever had anything to do with.

You have been warn about them from me, so when something goes bad, I told you so.

Of all the companies I ever had anything to do with, they were the worse. That should tell you something.

Back