Power Dialer

Wow! There must be a lot more pain involved in punching buttons that I realize. I don't disagree that it is more convenient and probably a geat system, I just question those who claim it is faster and that they can make substantially more calls. Personally, I don't see that happening. I feel it is more of a convenience than a real time saver. I spend money on things I really "don't need" and come up with all sorts of reasons why I "have to have it". When I do, Jacqueline just looks at me and shakes her head. :D

There is nothing wrong with that, I do it all the time with things I want to buy. As I said before, there is no better reason for me to buy something than because I don't currently have one. I just bought a John Deer garden tractor because I thought it was cool. It has four wheel steering. I already have one that is less than a year old I bought from Sears.

I have tons of "new school" toys, I guess that just isn't one high on my priority list. Anything that makes an agent feel warm and fuzzy when having to telemarket, and they have the extra money to spend, is probably worth it.

And yes, I do sell insurance the "old school" way and I am very successful doing it that way. When I find something that works better I will make the change.

C'mon Frank,

You know well as I do that most people hate cold calling. There is nothing wrong with old school. In fact, I respect my elders and the old tradition because we can learn a lot from you guys. The new wave/tech is just an upgrade from the former. Some people can't take manually dialing for 3 for 4 hours straight.

This is beyond feeling warm and fuzzy because this gear works like a charm.

I have a medical reason for not being able to dial the phone; you see, I'm a walker/talker that is complicated by a small case of hand gesturing. So as treatment for my disease, I use a wireless phone with a headset. The phone is clipped onto my belt. To dial the phone I would have to unclip it, dial it and reclip it. This could quickly lead to a case of handcrampitis. So obviously I had to make some software adjustments as a preventive measure.

When I buy a list, I run it through Excel for weeding. I have a script for dialing in Excel. If the call is promising, I move that contact into YIO to make it a official prospect.
I average about 10 calls per day to contacts in YIO so these calls could be dialed manually but...I modified my version of YIO to use a dialer becuase I hate dialing the phone...don't tell Frank.
:D;):D

C'mon Frank,

You know well as I do that most people hate cold calling. There is nothing wrong with old school. In fact, I respect my elders and the old tradition because we can learn a lot from you guys. The new wave/tech is just an upgrade from the former. Some people can't take manually dialing for 3 for 4 hours straight.

This is beyond feeling warm and fuzzy because this gear works like a charm.

I agree, I'll bet I hate cold calling more than you do. When I started doing that I use to have to turn the crank on the phone to get Mabel to place the call for me.

Young kids today seem to think that someone or something should do all the work for them. I really enjoy wantching youngsters try sell insurance today. :D

Lighten up, I'm just messing around. Trying to get enough posts to catch Senior. :laugh:

If you like it then by all means use it. When it becomes stable enough throughout the entire country I will probably add it to YIO. Right now the two guys who program for me tell me that it isn't. Then I too can be one of the "youngsters". LOL

I have a medical reason for not being able to dial the phone; you see, I'm a walker/talker that is complicated by a small case of hand gesturing. So as treatment for my disease, I use a wireless phone with a headset. The phone is clipped onto my belt. To dial the phone I would have to unclip it, dial it and reclip it. This could quickly lead to a case of handcrampitis. So obviously I had to make some software adjustments as a preventive measure.

When I buy a list, I run it through Excel for weeding. I have a script for dialing in Excel. If the call is promising, I move that contact into YIO to make it a official prospect.
I average about 10 calls per day to contacts in YIO so these calls could be dialed manually but...I modified my version of YIO to use a dialer becuase I hate dialing the phone...don't tell Frank.

What's your medical reason because I have a nurse available?

I promise not to tell Frank if you tell me how you do that. :twitchy:

I promise not to tell Frank if you tell me how you do that. :twitchy:

The truth is, it's not real user friendly...so I spend about an hour setting up my lists so the data is Dialer friendly. The Excel script is quirky and requires a little finesse as you go.
The easy way to do it is to use Microsoft Access. It uses Dialer and as long as the data is correctly formatted, Dialer will interpret it using the rules you set up in Dialer.
The data has to be set up using the international dialing codes.
All this stuff is second nature to a geek, but if you don't know a bit from a byte, then the choice to digitally dial (digitally=fingers) is far better than to digitally dial (digitally=computer).

The truth is, it's not real user friendly...so I spend about an hour setting up my lists so the data is Dialer friendly. The Excel script is quirky and requires a little finesse as you go.
The easy way to do it is to use Microsoft Access. It uses Dialer and as long as the data is correctly formatted, Dialer will interpret it using the rules you set up in Dialer.
The data has to be set up using the international dialing codes.
All this stuff is second nature to a geek, but if you don't know a bit from a byte, then the choice to digitally dial (digitally=fingers) is far better than to digitally dial (digitally=computer).

I didn't understand anything you said, so I'm going to tell Frank. :D

Back