Prospect Zone

Price. Goes without saying. I have paid as little as a buck for a lead and as much as $18. Leads in the middle, $6 - $9 seem to provide the best ROI.

Really, it seems like the key is to test, measure, tweak, adjust, rinse and repeat.

My "prodigy" (as somarco would call him) is currently getting a 4 to 1 return on $1.50 leads. Go figure.

More and more, my feeling is that it's all about timing...

it's all about timing...

No argument.

I have sold some (but not many) on the initial call. Most take about 10 days from start to finish.

Some were not contacted until as much as a week after the lead first came in. (This is phone contact with dialogue, not leaving a message and does not count the emails in the interim).

Sold 2 this week who were leads from months ago. One was a lead in Feb, the other in April. I was not initially able to speak with either one despite phone calls. I did, however, drip on them with follow up emails and my newsletter.

Combined AV is $9800. Not bad for an old lead.

I think a lot has to do with my approach and follow up. Most of my clients are age 40+ with families. Many are women but the two from this week were men who finally contacted me.

They know from everything the receive from me and from voice messages that I am not high pressure and a no BS kind of guy.

Both of these sales this week refered to me as "the expert" and readily admitted they knew nothing about buying insurance and appreciated all the time and information I provided.

I also had a call from a lead back in Feb who just wanted to know if there was anything new for her. She has multiple health issues, takes 9 different meds which, without copays, would easily run around $700 per month. Her COBRA will eventually run out and I have no idea what she will do then.

Wish I could help but there really isn't anything out there.

She thanked me none the less and said she would refer others to me.

And I believe she will do that . . .

Latest posts

Back