Question About Dialer and Data Price Point

Josh I have no dog in this fight just a disinterested 3rd party. Did you refer these people to salesdialers for a referal fee? If so why are they then not a customer of salesdialers subject to any marketing that salesdialers sends to its customers?

Rolling back the clock a bit I would send folks over there just because I thought it was a good product. Eventually SalesDialers and I worked out a deal where I became an affiliate with them and received a residual payment from them based on the number of folks paying their invoices. Additionally, I had an agreement with them that they would be able to sell my data.

We did not have anything in writing the precluded them from doing anything they wanted with the data services, but they had told me repeatedly that they didn't want to be in the data business. Again, there was no agreement that they wouldn't market their lists and/or anyone else for the data business to customers I sent their way, but I thought it was remarkably poor form and dishonest. If they had told me that they were going to start directly competing with me to folks I sent their way or that they were going to promote other list companies to the referrals they sent my way, that would have been different, but I think it's dirty pool to handle things the way they did.

**Note** When I talk about SalesDialers or my relationship in any way they get worked up about it and send me emails saying things like "for the love of god, please just leave us alone." Let me be clear, I'm not trying to dog them unfairly, that's just what happened and why I got into the dialer business.

Rolling back the clock a bit I would send folks over there just because I thought it was a good product. Eventually SalesDialers and I worked out a deal where I became an affiliate with them and received a residual payment from them based on the number of folks paying their invoices. Additionally, I had an agreement with them that they would be able to sell my data.

We did not have anything in writing the precluded them from doing anything they wanted with the data services, but they had told me repeatedly that they didn't want to be in the data business. Again, there was no agreement that they wouldn't market their lists and/or anyone else for the data business to customers I sent their way, but I thought it was remarkably poor form and dishonest. If they had told me that they were going to start directly competing with me to folks I sent their way or that they were going to promote other list companies to the referrals they sent my way, that would have been different, but I think it's dirty pool to handle things the way they did.

**Note** When I talk about SalesDialers or my relationship in any way they get worked up about it and send me emails saying things like "for the love of god, please just leave us alone." Let me be clear, I'm not trying to dog them unfairly, that's just what happened and why I got into the dialer business.

I understand, just wanted you to know how you sounded to others.

I understand, just wanted you to know how you sounded to others.

I guess I'm misunderstanding your subtly. Are you saying that if a P&C agent refers their life business to a life agent that says he has no interest in getting into the P&C business. Then sends the life insurance referrals to his other buddy that runs a P&C shop then starts selling P&C himself to the referrals the original P&C shop sent over, then there are some folks that would see that as nothing but honest?

I guess I'm misunderstanding your subtly. Are you saying that if a P&C agent refers their life business to a life agent that says he has no interest in getting into the P&C business. Then sends the life insurance referrals to his other buddy that runs a P&C shop then starts selling P&C himself to the referrals the original P&C shop sent over, then there are some folks that would see that as nothing but honest?

Norway meant it from the point of view that if my telemarketer sells me a Med Supp appointment and I then go write the person a Med Supp and a life insurance policy, there is nothing wrong with that. I compensated her for the referal.
Just like if you send a customer to a company, then they compensate you for that customer, there would not seem to be anything wrong with them offering all their services to that customer.
This is all on the surface.

Norway meant it from the point of view that if my telemarketer sells me a Med Supp appointment and I then go write the person a Med Supp and a life insurance policy, there is nothing wrong with that. I compensated her for the referal.
Just like if you send a customer to a company, then they compensate you for that customer, there would not seem to be anything wrong with them offering all their services to that customer.
This is all on the surface.

I see what you're saying and that's definitely a different way of looking at it. They always referred to them as my clients and there was never any miscommunication about that point. This was also in theory a partnership. Folks that have lists can use a dialer and folks that use dialers need lists. Neither one of us initially wanted in the other side of the business so on paper it seemed like a good fit.

Just to belabor the issue a touch more, they had no problem promoting other list vendors or their own lists while I was promoting them, it only became an issue when I was offering a dialer, then they got real shifty about the whole thing and Gary made me talk to him every 30 days to "evaluate" the relationship. After the second or third time I said to just do whatever he wanted. If he felt like paying me the residuals was the right thing to do, then great, if he didn't want to do it, then great. No reason for me to be chasing money someone clearly doesn't want to give me.

I see what you're saying and that's definitely a different way of looking at it. They always referred to them as my clients and there was never any miscommunication about that point. This was also in theory a partnership. Folks that have lists can use a dialer and folks that use dialers need lists. Neither one of us initially wanted in the other side of the business so on paper it seemed like a good fit.

Just to belabor the issue a touch more, they had no problem promoting other list vendors or their own lists while I was promoting them, it only became an issue when I was offering a dialer, then they got real shifty about the whole thing and Gary made me talk to him every 30 days to "evaluate" the relationship. After the second or third time I said to just do whatever he wanted. If he felt like paying me the residuals was the right thing to do, then great, if he didn't want to do it, then great. No reason for me to be chasing money someone clearly doesn't want to give me.

In the end, it seems to have really benefitted you. It pushed you to go out and create your own system. Now you can market both sides of it. I would hope you make more on your dialer than you ever did with the referal fee from them.

On to another topic. I want to run a Press 1 campaign. Do you know anything about this?

In the end, it seems to have really benefitted you. It pushed you to go out and create your own system. Now you can market both sides of it. I would hope you make more on your dialer than you ever did with the referal fee from them.

Overall everything has worked out just fine. There's plenty of business out there for everyone, but it was a good time to part ways.

On to another topic. I want to run a Press 1 campaign. Do you know anything about this?

Ha! I laugh, but it's a service I can offer. Maybe I should find an IMO that's offering them and see if I can get in on it.

So I was poking around the pricing page of agentsdialers.com and there was a little * at the bottom of the page stating the unlimited data package starts with 5k of names with 1k added per month beyond that its .03 per name. So I would say Josh you are right in the ballpark.

So I was poking around the pricing page of agentsdialers.com and there was a little * at the bottom of the page stating the unlimited data package starts with 5k of names with 1k added per month beyond that its .03 per name. So I would say Josh you are right in the ballpark.

Yeah but it unlimited if you have contracts with either Todd King or Mark (I think it's Mark).

Yeah but it unlimited if you have contracts with either Todd King or Mark (I think it's Mark).

cut and paste from salesdailer:

"Unlimited Data Plans come with 5,000 names to start and 1,000 names per month to add to your account, if you need additional data we have to charge you .03/name."

So the use of the word "unlimited" is misleading. If you are dialing 6000 names then no problem. Any more than that then get the checkbook out. That's for the 1st month. My reading of that is you have to pay .03 for names 1001 and above each month after that. If you called 6000 names a month after the 1st month, you're looking at another $150.

Last edited:
Back