Question about UHC

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
While shopping tbis morning at WD I chatted with a Medicare booth there. He was new and hope to write 250 new clients this AEP. I wished him well.

One thing he said was news to me. He says that a person who buys an AARP UHC Medicare supplement and joins AARP can save up to $50 off of their monthly premium. I have sold UHC for years and have never heard this but he insisted that he is correct. Is this something new?

Up to, I remember when they used to sell discount plans for medical before obama care

I used to get told hey I can get this insurance for half of yours and I get UP TOO 90% off all my medical bills

Until they understood 5% is in fact UP TO

yea he is trying to leverage HH discount, Checking discount and whatever
One complaint to UHC they will not tolerate anything like that

Not a carrier you want to lose

Like there's a choice? Can't get the supp w/o the AARP. That dude's a ticking time-bomb.
There's a choice once your policy is approved......you can go ahead and drop the AARP membership at that point and your policy won't be affected. Have clients that didn't care to support AARP's liberal leanings that did so.

Have clients that didn't care to support AARP's liberal leanings that did so.

ARP dues are chump change . . . the big money is in the kickbacks/override they get from the stuff you buy through them and their advertisers.

If someone doesn't want to "fund" their political views, don't buy anything they promote.

I am a dues paying member so I can get their newsletter & magazine. It helps me know what kind of spin they are putting on legislation, etc so I can counter it when someone says "I read . . . .

So I am a member but I don't buy or promote their product line . . . especially Medicare products.

Back