Rate my cold call script

Alexander Bailey

Background I am a new Life and Health broker

Sometimes when I call these numbers the name is wrong, how can I get past that issue. Do I just hang up and say have a nice day?

Hello_______ my name is ______ how've you been?

My firm and I work with individuals and families like yourself on the risk management and insurance planning, when was the last time you reviewed that?
Unsure what this is/I don't remember/Got Coverage Recently/ Not interested:
"I understand, I encounter 3 concerns a lot from individuals and families
1. If I were disabled and unable to work how will my bills be paid?
2. If I were to unexpectedly pass away how would my family be taken care of?
3. Is there more affordable coverage for what I already have?
Do any of these resonate with you?"​

Okay great, I want to send you an email introducing myself, the firm, and what we do. What's a good email address to send that to? I will give you a call back in a few days to make sure you received that email...

on that second call I try and qualify them and schedule a first meeting over zoom/phone/in person

how've you been?

Ditch that. Everyone knows you don't really care and that is a preface for a sales pitch.

I never cold call but when I did I broke a cardinal rule of sales yet it worked well for my style.

"This is Bob, you are probably busy but if you can allow me 2 minutes I promise to let you get back to what you were doing. Fair enough?"

I then proceeded to explain what I do and ask questions.

risk management and insurance planning

No one knows what risk management is. Ditch that as well.

Do any of these resonate with you?"

You ask 3 questions in a row before asking for feedback, and the questions are in the wrong order. No one likes life insurance and everyone thinks they are paying too much.

Start with "Do you feel like you are paying too much for insurance?".

You are more likely to get a "yes" answer to that question than anything else (except a brush off and hang up).

Unexpectedly pass away . . . even someone terminal and "expects to pass away" is surprised when it finally happens.

The disability pitch should come after paying to much because you are appealing to self greed.

I don't know where you are getting your list but cold calling a list is a crap shoot. Even when the number and name is correct they will often deny you have the right person.

Strangers often mispronounce my last name and I have caller ID . . . who doesn't? If I don't recognize the name I don't answer. Sometimes I will answer when expecting a call but as soon as they ask "Is this Mr (mispronounced last name)" I say no and hang up.

As they say, you need a makeover.

I don't know if you are digging it out on your own or getting very bad advice but if you want to succeed you really need to pair up with someone who can coach you.

Good luck.

I have a call screener. When my phone rings, the phone says to the caller "This person is using a call screener. State your name and why you are calling"

When you speak, your voice becomes text that I can read.

What would you say to compel me to talk to you?

If you say nothing, the phone hangs up and your number goes to spam and gets blocked.

Good luck on cold calling. I don't think this going to work. You need something to associate to, something you have in common. Like calling on the neighbors or people on same block as a new client. Try getting referral names. You might try to call on business owners in person as cold call and deliver your value proposition. Like "Hi my name Bruce. I work with folks in the area of personal insurance. People come to me when they want to review their life and health insurance and see how it compares in pricing and coverages to the newer offerings. Sometimes people really don't know how much to get and type, I can help with that. Would it makes sense for you to get a second opinion with a no cost review to see if improvements can be made in pricing or coverages?"

Background I am a new Life and Health broker

Sometimes when I call these numbers the name is wrong, how can I get past that issue. Do I just hang up and say have a nice day?

Hello_______ my name is ______ how've you been?

My firm and I work with individuals and families like yourself on the risk management and insurance planning, when was the last time you reviewed that?
Unsure what this is/I don't remember/Got Coverage Recently/ Not interested:
"I understand, I encounter 3 concerns a lot from individuals and families
Do any of these resonate with you?"​

Okay great, I want to send you an email introducing myself, the firm, and what we do. What's a good email address to send that to? I will give you a call back in a few days to make sure you received that email...

on that second call I try and qualify them and schedule a first meeting over zoom/phone/in person
After correcting all somarko told you, I will go ahead even easier, explaining what I do and if it will apply to him her and asking their name if no problem to go ahead.
Cold calling this days: very difficult to be profitable. You should send some mail at least or tel them that today or tomorrow they'll be getting a mail. .....just something to start with

Back