Reciprocal Release

Do you mean that the original SGA wants to trade you for another "slave"? ".

kind of like being traded for a player to be named later... i always thought when we traded for the PTBN the guy we traded for sucked.... guess you could have been traded for cash, then you realy suck... now 3 players and review of all futrure hires, then your a swinging yang

Why is it when someone is hired and trained by (for example) Apple they can quit and go to another company? No questions asked. And don't let any of the *** liberals say it's because of the union (there isn't one).

Just because someone claims to train an agent and has time and money invested should not give them the right to hold them hostage for 6 months or more. It's the cost of doing business. You win some, you lose some.

Any marketer that will not grant an immediate release (subject to chargebacks) is dishonest. Period. End of report and no make ups.

Except for Peeler. I wouldn't release him for all the money in Obama's pockets.

Rick

Why is it when someone is hired and trained by (for example) Apple they can quit and go to another company. No questions asked and not because there is a union.

Just because someone claims to train an agent and has time and money invested should not give them the right to hold them hostage for 6 months or more.

Any marketer that will not grant an immediate release (subject to chargebacks) is dishonest. Period. End of report and no make ups.

Rick

This is exactly how I feel.

However, in most cases, if I'm asked for a release, I do send the reciprical release to protect the agent as best I can. The reason I do this is because I've seen too many agents who "think" they are going to get a better deal somewhere else. As you know, this is not necesarily true. Therefore, the reciprical release gives the agent a chance to come back from making a "bad" decision to leave in the first place.

If all IMO's would give releases as I do, I wouldn't have to give the agent a reciprical.

Now, on the other hand, if the new IMO won't sign the reciprical release, doesn't that say something about them? That should give the agent the first red flag about the new IMO!

I think the issue in this case is that the one who wants the reciprocal release signed has lied to agents to get them to ask for a release and then not done what he said he would do. That is why the one I am transferring to does not want to sign, because of how they are worded. I could care less either way, but unfortunately I am caught in the middle of their pissing match.

This is exactly how I feel.

However, in most cases, if I'm asked for a release, I do send the reciprical release to protect the agent as best I can. The reason I do this is because I've seen too many agents who "think" they are going to get a better deal somewhere else. As you know, this is not necesarily true. Therefore, the reciprical release gives the agent a chance to come back from making a "bad" decision to leave in the first place.

If all IMO's would give releases as I do, I wouldn't have to give the agent a reciprical.

Now, on the other hand, if the new IMO won't sign the reciprical release, doesn't that say something about them? That should give the agent the first red flag about the new IMO!

What does your release say?

I actually use two different releases. I've not actually had to give too many releases, but I always ask the agent who they are going to. If I feel as though the agent is about to get screwed over, I'll use the reciprical release. It basically says that the new IMO agrees to release them (and their hierarchy if they have one) back to me should the agent decide to come back. Like I say, it's designed to protect the agent more than anything.

I actually use two different releases. I've not actually had to give too many releases, but I always ask the agent who they are going to. If I feel as though the agent is about to get screwed over, I'll use the reciprical release. It basically says that the new IMO agrees to release them (and their hierarchy if they have one) back to me should the agent decide to come back. Like I say, it's designed to protect the agent more than anything.

So will you still give the release even if the other IMO will not grant the reciprical release?

no training at all, just unkept promises

That's unfortunate, because there's expectations on both sides... a marketing company contracts an agent and wants them to write business, but the agent needs to feel the over-ride is earned by the level of support they're getting.

We've set up marketing shops that want to recruit, and very often, those recruited agents call our office for help because their immediate upline doesn't provide the help they need.

I would think it would be extremely hard to be new in this industry, with all of the changes going on, the new products to learn, etc. If you don't have a good support system to help guide you through, it would be very difficult to make it!

So will you still give the release even if the other IMO will not grant the reciprical release?

Yes. Of course the exception to that is if you owe a debit balance to that particular company and they won't release you until that is paid back.

Crazy...I've been in this situation before. Unfortunately, even dropping the "lawyer" term typically won't do much but get you nowhere. In fact, you probably won't even get an email or phone call back anymore from that guy?

I just released someone the other day and if he is reading this, I'm just using this as an example. Just ask the guy point blank..."what is it you would like to see in order to sign this release?" This agent took 20 mins of BS'n me until he finally came out and told me the truth and said "ok, ok...here is the deal..." Get a straight up answer from him and take it back to the other guy. Assuming it's reasonable, your other guy can change up his recip release. It's always case by case. Other than that, it sucks but you only have one option left. Term yourself and wait but I'm assuming that wouldn't do much for you as you probably need the change now? One last thing you can do? Annoy the sh%$# out of that guy with constant emails and phone calls. Like every hour on the hour until he caves. Make him WANT to get rid of you! LOL

Back