Reciprocal Release

JimmyUt

Guru
1000 Post Club
Utah
I have a particular SGA for my United Health Contract, but they will not allow me a release without a reciprocal from the other SGA I want to move to. Can they really get away with this? DO the insurance companies actually support this stuff. I have never needed a release like this, but I don't think the SGA I am moving to has a good relationship with my current SGA, so he does not want to sign. What can I do, I shouldn't have to be in the middle of these 2 geniuses.

I have a particular SGA for my United Health Contract, but they will not allow me a release without a reciprocal from the other SGA I want to move to. Can they really get away with this? DO the insurance companies actually support this stuff. I have never needed a release like this, but I don't think the SGA I am moving to has a good relationship with my current SGA, so he does not want to sign. What can I do, I shouldn't have to be in the middle of these 2 geniuses.

I would give a reciprocal release. I have a marketing plan I devised to enroll seniors statewide with Internet leads, using email and fax. It's yours with all the marketing material in exchange for your contract. I'll work with your current SGA even if I have to get some help from higher up. I would never hold an agent hostage.
Email me at:[email protected]

Their relationship doesn't matter. All the new one agrees to do is release one of his agents if requested.

Every marketer should allow it and in fact should not ever require it.

When I was contracting I released anyone for any reason. I no longer even offer contracts.

Rick

Do you mean that the original SGA wants to trade you for another "slave"? FMOs are like slavery. the plantation owners are bidding on us "bucks".

Do you mean that the original SGA wants to trade you for another "slave"? FMOs are like slavery. the plantation owners are bidding on us "bucks".

That is exactly what I mean. it isn't the FMO that is the issue, it is the SGA or so he calls himself. I am thinking about dropping the attorney line on him, just to be done. I can't imagine he would hesitate to sign at that point. To further clarify, I have not written a single piece of business with this guy, but my contract is too new to just go without needing a release.

If the SGA wasn't born yesterday he would probably say "see you in court" in response to the attorney line.

What is prompting the switch?

Also, insurance companies don't really care about things like this usually, they let agents/agencies/FMOs/etc fight amongst themselves. Their contract is not with the agent per se, it's with the top level upline, and whatever the top level upline that is direct with the carrier wants is what's going to happen.

I may be mistaken, but my understanding of the 'reciprocal' issue is the new SGA will release you to return to your current marketing/agency should you wish to do so. :swoon:

I may be mistaken, but my understanding of the 'reciprocal' issue is the new SGA will release you to return to your current marketing/agency should you wish to do so. :swoon:

the reciprocal means that ANY agent that requests a release can get it, including but their entire downline hierarchy. That is how all the ones I have seen read. If it were just over me it would be a no brainer.

MPS....in answer to your question, I have all my other MA contracts with the different SGA and the one I currently have my United contract promised things he did not fulfill, so just to make my life easier, and because the support, marketing money etc is much better I want to move it. The issue is they do not like each other because the current SGA is apparently a trouble maker and has told lies about the other to the state insurance dept. (he said she said of course) I was forced at the time to go with the current SGA, but now I have options.

How much time have they invested in you since you contracted? If they've taken a lot of time training you, then I'm sure they want you to write business under your current arrangement.

Latest posts

Back