Selling FE Over the Phone

FE by the phone is being done by a lot of agents right now. I have an agent that bought 20 leads from me last week and had $2,500 AP written all over the phone faster than I did F2F. But, he is SUPER talented & wouldn't expect most to do as well as he did over the phone.

You only need 4 carriers. With the first 3 you'll be able to get 90% of people first day coverage. I've been told voice sig is the way to go:
Liberty Bankers Life
Royal Neighbors of America
Americo Eagle
AIG

Last edited:
I'm prelicensed but I'm currently in a telesales industry where I'm ranking with the top producers so I'm excited to get my license and transfer my phone skills to the FE industry.

There are many agents who are successful selling over the phone, and others who go broke trying. Just like F2F.

Its a matter of preference.

I know some very successful F2F agents that would fail miserably at telesales, but I also know many successful telesales agents who would fail at F2F.

The carriers doing telesales correctly are seeing how much more profitable and compliant telesales can be, the carriers (and IMO's) doing it wrong are running away from it.

The carriers doing telesales correctly are seeing how much more profitable and compliant telesales can be, the carriers (and IMO's) doing it wrong are running away from it.

And which ones are those ?

What is the "correct" way ?

What is the "wrong" way ?

And which ones are those ?

What is the "correct" way ?

What is the "wrong" way ?

Simply put, any carrier that is allowing anyone to preform telesales with little to no oversight wont be in the game for long.

The carriers keeping telesales to themselves or putting very high standards on who can sell will do very well.

For example: NGL put us through one of the hardest vetting processes to sell their GI over the phone after their large lawsuit. When they started to terminate feild agents, they kept us on board.

They recently cut ties with many call centers for their own reasons. We still write with them.

The carriers keeping telesales to themselves or putting very high standards on who can sell will do very well.

For example: NGL put us through one of the hardest vetting processes to sell their GI over the phone after their large lawsuit. When they started to terminate feild agents, they kept us on board.

They recently cut ties with many call centers for their own reasons. We still write with them.

So essentially working through you or another call center is the message here. Of course. :D

Anyone selling FE over the phone? I'd like to get back into selling FE,but over the phone but was looking for some pointers as far as what companies offer e-sig. I believe assurity does it.And as far as setting up a mini 1 man call center Im lost. Any of youz guyz selling FE over the phone?

Selling FE by phone by phone is a failed model for the producing agent.

Are there unicorns out there that do well selling FE by phone from a home office type environment? Yes, one posted in this thread. I know of one other one.

The marketers will tell you differently. You got one list seller here that claims to know of many successful telesales FE agents. But he is apparently sworn to secrecy about them?:D

Of course, he wants to sell lists. He does not actually sell FE, by phone or any other method.

Then you will hear from the call center types. They don't sell FE either. They just tell you about the others that do.

The managers of these call centers are making bank. The grunts are not.

Again, you heard from one bonafide telesales FE agent in this thread. ONE!!

The rest have an uncle that heard about a guy that knew a guy that might have sold a policy by phone once. :goofy:

Do you want to sit in a call center all day? That's a different conversation. If you are good at it you will make the marketers a lot of money.

I know several agents making a lot of money selling term by phone. Even more selling med sups by phone.

FE? Not so much.

Selling FE by phone by phone is a failed model for the producing agent.

Are there unicorns out there that do well selling FE by phone from a home office type environment? Yes, one posted in this thread. I know of one other one.

The marketers will tell you differently. You got one list seller here that claims to know of many successful telesales FE agents. But he is apparently sworn to secrecy about them?:D

Of course, he wants to sell lists. He does not actually sell FE, by phone or any other method.

Then you will hear from the call center types. They don't sell FE either. They just tell you about the others that do.

The managers of these call centers are making bank. The grunts are not.

Again, you heard from one bonafide telesales FE agent in this thread. ONE!!

The rest have an uncle that heard about a guy that knew a guy that might have sold a policy by phone once. :goofy:

Do you want to sit in a call center all day? That's a different conversation. If you are good at it you will make the marketers a lot of money.

I know several agents making a lot of money selling term by phone. Even more selling med sups by phone.

FE? Not so much.

I hardly ever agree with you but you are spot on here. I spent more than a year working with one of the larger telesales outfits and it was awful. Making sales was tough but most of them fell off the books despite having a "conservation department." To give you an idea how bad the persistency is I quit telesales in November (I began in December) and have still not received a single month 10, 11 or 12 check. Well more than half my sales lapsed and I consider myself fortunate that I didn't end up vectored like a friend did.

FE Telesales is a different animal. Most will fail. Ive never heard of an indy agent making it. But there are MANY working systems that do well.

Back