Senate Report: Illegal Immigrants Benefited from Up to $750M in ObamaCare Subsidies

What came first the chicken or the egg?

Obviously, someone wanted chicken and eggs first, or we wouldn't care.

A farmer spotted the opportunity and started raising chickens and eggs to sell.

Demand rises, supply rises, farm expands, workers come in, free market at work.

Government is......... collecting taxes?

LGilmore said:
roads, infrastructure, fire, police, education, defense, research/development/ technology, utilities and so on and so on..

Yup you're right....

I've never seen federal fire men (usually volunteers anyway, not employees). Federal Police. Federal Education. It's all municipal or private.

Outside of the interstate system which is relatively modern (1956-Eisenhower), much of the rest is municipal or private. Railroads are almost entirely private.

Government does next to no R&D. It's almost entirely private sector, by any measure. They also don't produce anything. At best, they redistribute taxes back to private industries through contracts.

Federally funded utilities are rare. Private utilities are common. I get that they do public works, but when it's 100% funded by private enterprise, you have to question how many jobs they "make". If Business A has to pay 2 employees of salary in taxes, all you've done is take 2 employees from the business and transferred it to the gov't.

I enjoyed your response and it took me maybe 90 seconds to read. The one true way that a lefty lib reveals themselves is when in a debate about policy they resort to the " grammar lesson comment " or " please use proper English " or " please learn how to spell ". They adopt this higher than thou attitude . It is all about deflection for them.:D:D:D:D:D
Exactly... sman is clearly a liberal acting to be a conservative... wait... You may have read sman's text in 90 seconds, but you clearly did not comprehend the text. Try again. :D

If you take away the private sector, you don't have a gov't sector. (nobody to tax)

Take away the gov't sector, and you still have a thriving private sector that would replace the gov't sector jobs.

Seems one relies on the other.

If you take away the private sector, you don't have a gov't sector. (nobody to tax)

Take away the gov't sector, and you still have a thriving private sector that would replace the gov't sector jobs.

Seems one relies on the other.

Exactly.

In his first month, Obama spent $1,000,000,000 of our tax money to create gooberment funded jobs. Very few of those jobs still exist today. A local project in my state used around $5mm to create 20 temporary jobs.

Look at what is going on in the European Union. Germany is on the road to going broke supporting all of the moocher countries like Portugal/Spain/Greece. And the German citizens are getting tired of it and talking of putting an end to it. The brits never bought into the whole socialized economic system and kept their own currency... and they are now looking at backing out of the whole EU treaty all together.

The EU is a perfect example of what could happen in this country with social benefits. France is quickly becoming another Spain, they have almost the same % of gov workers as Germany, but their private sector is no where near as productive... so it is sinking their economy just like what happened in Spain/Greece/Portugal.

The average EU country has around 30% of their workforce as gov workers. The US is around 15%, but that number has been increasing. We already have around 60% of this country paying no federal taxes at all.
If you include the gov workers who pay tax money with tax money, that means that only around 15% of the people in the US are paying federal taxes with money that was actually created through sustainable growth.

The 30% of this country that pays taxes, is Germany. The other 70% is the rest of Europe.

Last edited:

And as a result, Hardee's now has a new breakfast biscuit that has chicken AND egg on the same sandwich.:yes:

I've never seen federal fire men (usually volunteers anyway, not employees). Federal Police. Federal Education. It's all municipal or private.

Outside of the interstate system which is relatively modern (1956-Eisenhower), much of the rest is municipal or private. Railroads are almost entirely private.

Government does next to no R&D. It's almost entirely private sector, by any measure. They also don't produce anything. At best, they redistribute taxes back to private industries through contracts.

Federally funded utilities are rare. Private utilities are common. I get that they do public works, but when it's 100% funded by private enterprise, you have to question how many jobs they "make". If Business A has to pay 2 employees of salary in taxes, all you've done is take 2 employees from the business and transferred it to the gov't.

So it's just federal taxes you oppose? and look up research universities while you're there.

Actually all I've been saying is tax money is reintroduced into the marketplace driving additional demand which creates additional work and service opportunities.

Just a real quick though you guys can tell me I'm wrong about.. When a military base closes, what happens to the businesses in that community? Do they thrive or wither?

Back