SIAA or Smart Choice.... recent changes

Smart Choice must be very different in your state. Each state has their own rep. Here in TN, we do everything. They are not hands-on at all. We actually hardly hear from them unless their is a problem or new market. They do have the Smart Start program where you hand everything over to them to handle, but that's mainly for agents who don't want to build a business. They get you direct contracts with the carriers and you do everything yourself. Quoting, issuing, servicing, etc. with the standard contract.

Yeah,,, Smart start is where you start and it takes time to get to next level. If you decide to leave before then you are screwed.

Training and support, Carrier Alignment, transparency, or an industry leading contract. (Most fail at the training and support piece.)

Groups range from Good, Better, Best. Groups should deliver on four things. (Listed above) Of the four things most agents look solely at the contract and make mistakes. They do that because the contract is quantitative. New agents disregard the other three because they are qualitative and harder to define. Don't be that agent. Take your time and define those prongs.

If I had a 2 carat diamond ring on my wife's finger and one of the four prongs was loose or got knocked off I would fix it in fear that she was going to lose the Diamond. Don't settle for establishing your small business with 3 of the four deliverables.

My wife does not have two carats.... let a lone one. We got married young. I have since offered to upgrade the little rock I got her, but she is sentimental and I love her for it.

------------------------------------

Regards,

Shawn M. Walker

Vice President

Premier Group Insurance

Captive: Prisoner

Independent: Freedom

Does anyone have a good contact for Smart Choice. I am in Knoxville TN and would like to learn more about this as soon as possible.

I am curious if any of these companies set you up to be able to underwrite and bind policies through the insurance companies raters? This seems like a sticking point I am seeing for the type of company relationships.

Shawn, I spoke to one of these companies that once you find the company you want to offer coverage with, the company will not allow me to bind the policy without it being reviewed by their underwriters, by then the sale would be dead. I should be able to offer the coverage, ask the appropriate underwriting questions, get the final rate and bind the policy with payment. This companies seem unrealistic to do business with so I wanted to ask if this was going to present a hurdle for me. From your reply it sounds like that is certainly not the way PGI does business with the agents that work within their system.

Back