SIAA or Smart Choice.... recent changes

Shawn, I spoke to one of these companies that once you find the company you want to offer coverage with, the company will not allow me to bind the policy without it being reviewed by their underwriters, by then the sale would be dead. I should be able to offer the coverage, ask the appropriate underwriting questions, get the final rate and bind the policy with payment. This companies seem unrealistic to do business with so I wanted to ask if this was going to present a hurdle for me. From your reply it sounds like that is certainly not the way PGI does business with the agents that work within their system.
Scott, did you ever get this clarified?

Smart Choice must be very different in your state. Each state has their own rep. Here in TN, we do everything. They are not hands-on at all. We actually hardly hear from them unless their is a problem or new market. They do have the Smart Start program where you hand everything over to them to handle, but that's mainly for agents who don't want to build a business. They get you direct contracts with the carriers and you do everything yourself. Quoting, issuing, servicing, etc. with the standard contract.
Did you have to start in the Smart Start program or were you able to jump right in and get sub codes? I've been in the insurance industry 4 years and it seems that they are insisting that I have no binding authority, that I must start on the smart start program. I've done this enough to know that timing is everything on a sale and if someone is in my office and I can't get them bound for 3 to 6 hours than it's not happening.

Back