Silver script $63 a month in 2024 with $525 deductible. Best silver script $116 a month

About 99.9% of the population will never set foot in a Mayo client . For you being near one it works great . For the 999 out of 1000 it’s irrelevant. The #’s don’t lie . I was looking at a United’s earnings . Med sup enrollment has been exactly flat for 10 straight years at 4 mil . Mapd from 2 mil to near 8 mil . I’m sure pdp prices sky the next 2 yrs and push more and more to mapd quicker . Mapd CO’s will simply reduce extra benefits to keep zero premiums and better part d coverage . Throw in skying med sup rate increases in addition to skying part d premiums and it’s a time bomb .
Do you ever forget which account you're logged in as Don? :laugh:

Rx is usually a minor consideration with my clients . . . I show them how to bypass the drug plan.

And of course we spend time talking about access to care, hassle free, etc

Game over

I can't believe no one has asked this . . . or maybe they did and I missed it.

What is the criteria used to declare a $116 plan as the "best". For starters, CMS prohibits superlatives like "best".

For most of my clients the plan that meets their needs and budget is often the one with the lowest premium. Premiums here range from $7 to over $100. Most of my clients pay less than $20/month, a few pay in the $40 range and I think I have one paying around $70.

Also, seems like someone said S&S has 2024 plans and premiums. I don't see it on my portal.

Rx is usually a minor consideration with my clients . . . I show them how to bypass the drug plan.

Cost of Rx's are concerning enough that 1 in 5 skip or delay medications. Plenty of ink spilt on that topic.

20% is no small number.

Now, I may personally think docs overprescribe. But I'm not going to tell that to clients.

I do tell them the actual data on Rx's and MAPD vs PDP.

I also tell them that there are (a) network restrictions and (b) prior authorization requirements. They know.

Take my 2pm appointment today (see above).

Huge cost difference. Had I only showed her the PDP, how would she pay for Wixela (her main and primary concern)?

Spent a long time on Plan G and no restrictions. She even travels. Discussed in detail the benefits of medigap.

I would have done her a disservice, in my opinion, to not show her the major difference, 2176 vs 775 is no small amount. That's just on Rx. Then difference in premium $0 vs $100. Then dental.

Her x-husband (they're still friends he was helping her), whom I just sold a med supp to a few months ago, also thought it was clearly a landslide in favor of MAPD.

I just don't think Rx is minor. But it's America and we can professionally disagree. We all rank things differently. I find access to care to be minor as long as the network looks like a current fit. I look up every doctor they have. You prefer no restrictions. America has room.

I have a book of about 900 med supps and only had 2 die this year. Maybe, just maybe, mapd could be the reason? I've probably had 18 die over past 8 years. Wonder wonder wonder why?

A book of 1000 plus and 15 of the 18 deaths were dsnp/lis who are obviously in much worse health . But no question mapd clients in worse health than med sup clients and it’s not because of the plan . Mapd clients lower income and it’s documented income has a lot to do with health .

I never discuss numbers until the prospect brings it up. Same for Rx cost.

Cost doesn't matter when your health is at stake unless you can't get access to care when you need it the most. Low/no premium means nothing if your claims are delayed or denied.

My "pitch" is atypical to what most agents do. It's all about the coverage, not the dollars.

If product sales was only, or mostly, about the cost, no one would ever buy a car that cost more than $20k.

But it's not about the cost, it's about the look, how it rides, how it drives.

Someone who is short on funds WILL look at the monthly payment while ignoring the cost to fill up the tank, the cost to get the car in working order.

A low price may get you in the health insurance plan but the value, what you get in return for your money, is what drives satisfaction.

My clients are satisfied and very rarely have buyers remorse. The few that do regret their choice are the healthy ones who change to a lower premium MAPD plan, and those folks are rare. Almost everyone of them will someday regret that decision.

You can't put a price on your health, but someday, if you live long enough, you will be glad you had an insurance plan that worked for you, vs a plan that worked for the carrier.

I have over 100 videos on YouTube about Medicare. Not a single one focuses on premium, or cost of care.

Last edited:
Back