Silver script $63 a month in 2024 with $525 deductible. Best silver script $116 a month

But it's America and we can professionally disagree.

I never said or suggested your way was wrong. If it works for you, great, but that approach was never as effective for me as asking questions about what they wanted to know, and explaining how Medicare really works.

In doing so, they get more than a sales pitch and find a reason to trust me vs some other agent who is telling them what they should be buying.

You should know that I admire the way you have built your block and if I ever had a NC referral I would have no problem sending them your way.

Hi! since we are talking about Rx plan/costs, can y'all recommend some Canadian pharmacies?
Client just got $100 for 90 days of generic for Eliquis from a Canadian pharmacy. Will be a help for others.
May not work for everything.
Once the excitement about closing deductibles, lower insulin, max in 2025 for PDP max out of pocket, it occurred to me that, duh, the PDP's will probably just cost more.

You mean the govt can cause higher premiums unknowingly via regulations? And that some might consider dropping PDP and buying from Canada? Never heard that before. Must be a new concept that agents and clients are considering. Oh wait, I forgot about my recent post about same thing. Silly me

Surely someone, or a handful of someone's, will still offer a low premium (hopefully single digit) PDP.

Both SS & Wellcare have low premium plans here . . . $7 and $11 respectively. Over half my clients have the $7 plan . . . a few have the $11 WC because they like the low/$0 copay for generics.

13 years ago when I took up the Medicare mantle the lowest premium PDP was $18.
Healthy folks, no meds or only 1 - 2 generics, refused to buy the plan.

Cigna is going to work with agents for 2024 PDP's. Some of their PDP's have been working well for a few clients this year, and they moved. Probably won't be their agent ever if they stick with the same Cigna plan, but there are fewer than 5 of those.
Don't have pricing yet.

I'm in AZ. About 20% of my clients have needed or use mayo. They Thank God they followed my advice
for reference:
Where are the Mayo Clinic's located in the United States?

images

Mayo Clinic is a nonprofit hospital system with campuses in Rochester, Minnesota; Scottsdale and Phoenix, Arizona; and Jacksonville, Florida.

You mean the govt can cause higher premiums unknowingly via regulations? And that some might consider dropping PDP and buying from Canada? Never heard that before. Must be a new concept that agents and clients are considering. Oh wait, I forgot about my recent post about same thing. Silly me
not on here daily, must have missed some, my revelation was some months ago once I saw the $2000 cap on MOOP for 2025. I think of you as someone who has carefully considered choices and a knowledgeable contributor.

not on here daily, must have missed some, my revelation was some months ago once I saw the $2000 cap on MOOP for 2025. I think of you as someone who has carefully considered choices and a knowledgeable contributor.

I was criticized by some on here for even considering the fact of dropping PDP plan if premiums skyrocket, keeping OM and med supp only, and being subject to LEP and no RX coverage......in lieu of joining an mapd managed care plan.

I was criticized by some on here for even considering the fact of dropping PDP plan if premiums skyrocket, keeping OM and med supp only, and being subject to LEP and no RX coverage......in lieu of joining an mapd managed care plan.
In lieu of MAPD, maybe.

But I still think it’s a dumb idea. $50/month in case you get cancer? Not all of them are Part B. And that lot cheaper than your car insurance. So what’s more important???

In lieu of MAPD, maybe.

But I still think it’s a dumb idea. $50/month in case you get cancer? Not all of them are Part B. And that lot cheaper than your car insurance. So what’s more important???

And if u did get that cancer diagnosis, would you prefer to be on OM without pdp or mapd?

I would rather self insure rx for the year, then buy pdp following year and stay on OM vs being stuck on mapd for life.

I'm just saying if all pdp premiums are HIGH, this may be something we confront with clients this aep, especially those on cheap generics or no drugs.
‐-------------#
Oops, I see u said in lieu of mapd. I guess it comes down to affordability and if client feels it's worth keeping for the cost

Last edited:
Back