Slow months

It sounds like you are concentrating on MAPD and not Med Supp. I know this is an assumption that I'm making, but Med Supps can be sold 365 days a year and compliance is not much of an issue.

I sell both. I don't focus on either. I just present both to each client and based on their answers I let them decide what is better for them. In Jan-Mar I had a steady stream coming in of some preset appointments for MAPD. They dried up at the end of OEP. So I guess that's why I all of a sudden feel slower and it is tied to an enrollment period.

There’s a lot of money in auxiliary products . I write 75-100 hospital GtL’s a yr . Street’s 60/8 . Your in tight with your fmo and you can get 67.5% fyc and 12% renewals . You stack 500 or so over 5 plus yrs that’s a nice renewal stream.

I get told that a lot but every time I go to quote GTL hospital indemnity I can't see why anyone would pay that sort of premium for it. The premium gets so high I feel like people would be better off buying a med supp if they are that worried about out of pocket costs. What is the avg premium of those policies that you are selling that many of a year?

Also in regards to the FMO and marketing money, I am getting some marketing money. I placed a mail order with a new vendor in the past couple days. I placed one a while back and I had really terrible results in terms of returns and results.

I am trying that t65inbound program this time. I am just going to keep trying stuff until I can figure out what works and then I will scale it up from there.

So far the best leads I had were pre set appts during MA OEP. I had about 10 and got 5 out of it. Once MA OEP ended the appointments turned into a lot of duals who were on the best plan in the area so it no longer made sense to keep paying for the appointments.

I get told that a lot but every time I go to quote GTL hospital indemnity I can't see why anyone would pay that sort of premium for it. The premium gets so high I feel like people would be better off buying a med supp if they are that worried about out of pocket costs.
I've always felt that way.

I do see your point. I do sell med supp and final expense. I haven't found enough business in those markets to keep me busy every month of the year consistently.

It's not like I am writing zero policies. I just had a slow past 2 weeks which happens some times. So I am reevaluating my strategy because I know I can do better.
Our agents at FexContracting run between 15 to 30 Final Expense direct mail leads every week. They are usually shooting for at least $4,000 in FE premium weekly but every week we have several of them that over shoot their goal and write over $10,000. There is no off season. They cross sell Medicare year round because just in their normal routine they run into people aging into 65, people on disability, low income people that can change plans 4-times per year. So even if you are overly focused on Med Advantage, you still have a lot of opportunities.

Read over our website and you are always welcome to call me and have a conversation about really adding FE to what you do in a serious way.

I get told that a lot but every time I go to quote GTL hospital indemnity I can't see why anyone would pay that sort of premium for it. The premium gets so high I feel like people would be better off buying a med supp if they are that worried about out of pocket costs. What is the avg premium of those policies that you are selling that many of a year?

Also in regards to the FMO and marketing money, I am getting some marketing money. I placed a mail order with a new vendor in the past couple days. I placed one a while back and I had really terrible results in terms of returns and results.

I am trying that t65inbound program this time. I am just going to keep trying stuff until I can figure out what works and then I will scale it up from there.

So far the best leads I had were pre set appts during MA OEP. I had about 10 and got 5 out of it. Once MA OEP ended the appointments turned into a lot of duals who were on the best plan in the area so it no longer made sense to keep paying for the appointments.

All I sell with the GTL Hi plan is the 350.00/day for 5 days. At age 65 it’s around 28.00/month and now they have their hospital copay paid each and every time they incur the copay. I don’t add all the stupid ambulance, therapy, etc bc you are right the premiums get high and those copays aren’t that bad. Have had a few that wanted a 5000.00 cancer added to it so it would cover their max oop completely. To me if you have an MAPD plan and GTL and total premium is 28.00 along with their dental, vision, gym, etc included it’s pretty reasonable. And the $1750.00 they get from GTL goes towards their Max OOP when they pay the Hospital. Not to mention the best drug plans available.

All I sell with the GTL Hi plan is the 350.00/day for 5 days. At age 65 it’s around 28.00/month and now they have their hospital copay paid each and every time they incur the copay. I don’t add all the stupid ambulance, therapy, etc bc you are right the premiums get high and those copays aren’t that bad. Have had a few that wanted a 5000.00 cancer added to it so it would cover their max oop completely. To me if you have an MAPD plan and GTL and total premium is 28.00 along with their dental, vision, gym, etc included it’s pretty reasonable. And the $1750.00 they get from GTL goes towards their Max OOP when they pay the Hospital. Not to mention the best drug plans available.

I wrote a good friend at age 65 in sept mapd with gtl hospital $5 k cancer , $300 a day in hospital . He just got diagnosed with cancer . We’ll see how quick they pay the claim .

I wrote a good friend at age 65 in sept mapd with gtl hospital $5 k cancer , $300 a day in hospital . He just got diagnosed with cancer . We’ll see how quick they pay the claim .

Sure they will be digging thru his medical records for preexisting. They have been good on hospital stays and observation stays. Good small company to work with.

That makes sense to me. Are the rates $28 no matter the state or gender? Do they stay level for life or go up with age and or rate increases? Are there any medical questions? That's what comes to mind when I'm thinking on it. I will look into it more because at that rate I could see it being attractive for some people.

Our agents at FexContracting run between 15 to 30 Final Expense direct mail leads every week. They are usually shooting for at least $4,000 in FE premium weekly but every week we have several of them that over shoot their goal and write over $10,000. There is no off season. They cross sell Medicare year round because just in their normal routine they run into people aging into 65, people on disability, low income people that can change plans 4-times per year. So even if you are overly focused on Med Advantage, you still have a lot of opportunities.

Read over our website and you are always welcome to call me and have a conversation about really adding FE to what you do in a serious way.

Those numbers sound impressive but I have to imagine it's pretty expensive to run that many leads per week. If I'm going to dump that much money into DM leads I'd rather do it for Medicare. For FE I am already contracted through a guy and he has been really nice and answered 1000 questions for me so I won't be jumping ship there. Thanks for the offer though

Back