Slow months

That makes sense to me. Are the rates $28 no matter the state or gender? Do they stay level for life or go up with age and or rate increases? Are there any medical questions? That's what comes to mind when I'm thinking on it. I will look into it more because at that rate I could see it being attractive for some people.

Male and female is the same rate. I can’t speak for different states. I’ve been doing them since 2008 and they have never taken a rate increase so the people that started it back then are paying the same right now.

Caveat, not an agent

All I sell with the GTL Hi plan is the 350.00/day for 5 days. At age 65 it’s around 28.00/month and now they have their hospital copay paid each and every time they incur the copay. I don’t add all the stupid ambulance, therapy, etc bc you are right the premiums get high and those copays aren’t that bad. Have had a few that wanted a 5000.00 cancer added to it so it would cover their max oop completely. To me if you have an MAPD plan and GTL and total premium is 28.00 along with their dental, vision, gym, etc included it’s pretty reasonable. And the $1750.00 they get from GTL goes towards their Max OOP when they pay the Hospital. Not to mention the best drug plans available.

It's been awhile so I may be remembering wrong, but, at least on the home health care plan, I thought the ambulance rider premium stayed the same for the life of the contract?

As I recall, I thought that premium was reasonable and purchased that rider.

Not sure on the HHC plan bc I’ve never written it. Ambulance copay is usually around 250.00 on an MAPD plan so even if it’s only 5.00/month I don’t see the need to spend 60.00 to cover a 250.00 copay. Just my opinion.

Caveat, not an agent

It's been awhile so I may be remembering wrong, but, at least on the home health care plan, I thought the ambulance rider premium stayed the same for the life of the contract?

As I recall, I thought that premium was reasonable and purchased that rider.
You're correct. The base plan and the hospitalization rider are attained age.

Those numbers sound impressive but I have to imagine it's pretty expensive to run that many leads per week. If I'm going to dump that much money into DM leads I'd rather do it for Medicare. For FE I am already contracted through a guy and he has been really nice and answered 1000 questions for me so I won't be jumping ship there. Thanks for the offer though
Leads are not expensive. Lack of sales is expensive.

It’s good to be loyal to the guy answering all your questions. But why are you not asking him how to make $3,000+ per week after your lead costs? That’s the main question you seem to have.

Leads are not expensive. Lack of sales is expensive.

It’s good to be loyal to the guy answering all your questions. But why are you not asking him how to make $3,000+ per week after your lead costs? That’s the main question you seem to have.

I like your first point. The opportunity cost of not having any leads to work is expensive. The truth is that we haven't had much success with the leads and marketing we have done in the past. We have never had much of a budget for it though or been consistent, or done a high volume etc.

I'm really not in the FE business or else I would be asking him those questions. I love Medicare and that's where my passion is. I sell FE and other life insurance when it comes up but it isn't my main focus.

I like your first point. The opportunity cost of not having any leads to work is expensive. The truth is that we haven't had much success with the leads and marketing we have done in the past. We have never had much of a budget for it though or been consistent, or done a high volume etc.

I'm really not in the FE business or else I would be asking him those questions. I love Medicare and that's where my passion is. I sell FE and other life insurance when it comes up but it isn't my main focus.
OK. Here is where you need to get your focus though. Don't think of yourself in the Med Advantage business. Think of yourself as in the business of making money. You need to make money year round.
Now if you want to make money year round and would LIKE to do it selling a lot of MA. You need to figure out how to get in front of a lot of people who can sign up for MA plans in the off season. So you need to get leads with 1. Turning 65 2. Newly eligible due to disability 3. low income subsidy You may have a lead source that focuses on those people through your Medicare upline. If not, those are definitely the people that FE agents run across frequently during the normal course of their day.
Don't step over dollars trying to pick up nickels.

Back