State Farm

I'm 40 and currently considering the opportunity after 15-years in commercial banking. Not interested in hearing from the nay-sayers and the drag-everyone-else-downers. Has anyone successfully taken over an existing agency? What were the challenges? Why did you choose that over the NMO (New Market Opportunity)? Thanks!!

You need to speak with other newer agents. Everyone I've interviewed is younger like you, and burned through that amount of cash first year. Imagine that you have to 100% support your personal needs without any revenue from the biz for the first 2 years. How much money would you need for that? $50k? $200k?

I see many of the forum replies are older. So I want to ask for some current info.
1. what is a state farm team member? Same as an agent?
2. I am considering taking a job as an offices life and health agent. Is it a good opportunity? I have been licensed but never did anything with my license, yet.
3. Is it possible to make $30,000 as a full time agent working in someone's office, not as the agency owner?

I have to make a decision since I have another job offer on the table. The hours are bascially retail, but it is good money. Since I really don't know what it is like working in a State Farm office,I don't know what to do.:nah:

Back