States Considering Pulling Out of Medicaid

Article based on 1 study where 7% of er docs responded er visit codes have been in decline n most parts of the country hello guys follow the money!!!!! The high cost of our system originates where???? ICU cardiology skilled nursing Medicare's annual budget spends 40% on 5% of recipients why?? $$$$$$$ primary doc shortage really??? Who fights expanded scope of treatment for pa and nurse practioners?? Who doesn't want doc Watson (IBM) and telemedicine crossing state lines??? Health providers are like house painters would you rather paint 2 houses or 5 this week???

I must say, your thoughts are deep and points intriguing, JTF. Will take me some time to digest the IBM Watson's telemedicine state transitions and how many houses are possible in a week. Not sure what painting has to do with Dr. Watson's house calls, but like I said, you've given us much to digest!
ac

How many patients does a mediciad doctor have to see to breakeven when they get $40 visit?

I think $40 is being generous. Plus many of the Medicaid pts aren't really into compliance. They don't take care of themselves, don't take their med's on a regular basis.

At least this is what I hear from my medical practitioners that do take Medicaid pts.

I think $40 is being generous. Plus many of the Medicaid pts aren't really into compliance. They don't take care of themselves, don't take their med's on a regular basis.

At least this is what I hear from my medical practitioners that do take Medicaid pts.

On the other hand, in order for a Medicaid doc to make money he/she needs to have each patient in the office quite often. I recall one office manager telling me that they see many of their patients almost weekly because "they like to talk with us."

No skin in the game for the patient and an incentive to run multiple tests and many office visits. It's a very sustainable system. We need Medicare to adopt this.

Rick

1) Punctuation
2) Sentence structure
3) Paragraphs
4) STOP THE BABBLE

You'd get your point across if you post as an adult not a high school freshman.

Rick
Fair enough, I interface daily with IT and actuarial folks and have gotten use to the language of the youthful day. Going forward I promise to use "geezer speak" their term not mine when I voice my concerns and frustrations about healthcare reform. Also going forward how about laying off the partisan blame game diatribes. Ideas about cost reductions, affordable access and the real accounting truths would be grand.

----------

On the other hand, in order for a Medicaid doc to make money he/she needs to have each patient in the office quite often. I recall one office manager telling me that they see many of their patients almost weekly because "they like to talk with us."

No skin in the game for the patient and an incentive to run multiple tests and many office visits. It's a very sustainable system. We need Medicare to adopt this.

Rick
Medicare already has its called FFS Fee for service BTW Medicaids highest cost factor is the care of the institutionalized disabled recipients, also Medicaids highest billings for primary care come from FCHCs Federal Community Health Centers not private doctors offices.

----------

I must say, your thoughts are deep and points intriguing, JTF. Will take me some time to digest the IBM Watson's telemedicine state transitions and how many houses are possible in a week. Not sure what painting has to do with Dr. Watson's house calls, but like I said, you've given us much to digest!
ac
For the record healthcare and house painting have two things in common. They are for profit and the more you do the more$$$$ you make! Over treatment for the financial benefit of the healthcare provider is as common as the morning sun

Back