Suing my insurance agent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same attitude! that you are somehow responsible for our retirements, our actions! It's your fear speaking. Pay attention to this thread and maybe you will pick up something which may save your a** one day. Listen to your clients and what they want. Don't shove something down their throats thinking they need to be saved. They will regurgitate.
Young man, I do not fear the snowflake generation.. I will not be here long enough to suffer from your actions.. I have been selling insurance for 48 years if I make it to July.. You might could learn something from someone who has experienced life and does not blame anyone for the mistakes I have made .. and, unfortunately there have been many.

Alright, thanks to those few ethical and moral agents and the rest, enjoy your time here on the thread. Have a good one.

You know, I started to say something about the passive aggressive Ethical and Moral but thought, no. Do you feel that anyone that disagrees with you or challenges you is unethical or immoral? This is an Insurance Forum not facebook. where people post "I bet this crippled puppy won't even get one share"

We are independent Men and Women that have, mostly, been in this business for a very long time. No salaries, No unions no moms slipping us rent money. Yeah, we can be a little salty. I like that about this forum. Many of us have very old books of business full of happy clients.

I hope you have taken the advise about getting the term policy. Just remember in 20 years when it terms out with no coverage you need to sue Suzy.

I would do these things in order:
1. Did you contact your agent directly for any other options? Such as lowering your premiums for a time and later increasing them as your situation stabilizes? Universal life allows for premium flexibility while term does not.

2. Did you contact the insurance company compliance department about your complaint?

3. Did you contact your state's department of insurance to file a complaint?

After you've done those three things, then you may be more prepared to talk to an attorney about an actual lawsuit against an agent because you did these three things.

Obviously, this is not legal advice.

This.....

Until the above are completed you will only find additional aggravation reading the responses here.

Take the advice and see what comes of it. Best of luck and I am sorry you are going through this.

J

Young man, I do not fear the snowflake generation.. I will not be here long enough to suffer from your actions.. I have been selling insurance for 48 years if I make it to July.. You might could learn something from someone who has experienced life and does not blame anyone for the mistakes I have made .. and, unfortunately there have been many.
Sorry sir, shouldn't have used such language. You don't understand how agents actions can throw someone so far away from the road they are on. It's not that easy to simply move on.

You know, I started to say something about the passive aggressive Ethical and Moral but thought, no. Do you feel that anyone that disagrees with you or challenges you is unethical or immoral? This is an Insurance Forum not facebook. where people post "I bet this crippled puppy won't even get one share"

We are independent Men and Women that have, mostly, been in this business for a very long time. No salaries, No unions no moms slipping us rent money. Yeah, we can be a little salty. I like that about this forum. Many of us have very old books of business full of happy clients.

I hope you have taken the advise about getting the term policy. Just remember in 20 years when it terms out with no coverage you need to sue Suzy.
Someone attacked me and with the frame of mind I am in, just flew off the handle. I don't need coverage after term runs out. To that, his "objection" was that I would need retirement income. "Objection" get it? that's how you get trained, don't you? They are not our "objections". They are our firm "No".

Sorry sir, shouldn't have used such language. You don't understand how agents actions can throw someone so far away from the road they are on. It's not that easy to simply move on.
I do understand.. I have taken bad advice before but I didn't blame the person who gave because usually they believed what they were saying.. Some the well respected giants in this industry, recommend permanent types of insurance over term when possible and they certainly are not unethical for doing so. The term vs permanent argument is basically a matter of opinion and a person is not guilty of malfeasance because they recommend one or the other. Personally, I would not take insurance advice from Susie Orman or Dave Ramsey... I would talk with a licensed professional..

This is an important and over looked issue in this argument.
That means nothing. can't get out without losing it to surrender fee and by the time I am able to resume, this illustration would no longer be valid. Anyway, what else will you guys say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back