T-65 Telemarketing Scirpt

Well you obviously cant ramble about other products without discussing medicare…

But before the sales pitch it’s a MUST absolute MUST that you ask….

Are you still paying for your Life Insurance….

Are You happy with the interest rate your getting on your savings…

If you went into the nursing home last week, do you have a plan that would help with the cost….

After you have asked all the right questions you then pivot to Medicare…. After the sale you say:

“Well I see that you have no life insurance”

Or, “If there was a program that could yield you a higher interest rate than what you are currently getting but still protect your money from losses, would that be something you would be interested AT LOOKING AT FURTHER?”

Also, we have contracted with an indemnity product… Guaranteed Trust Life, has a good one…. It pays the hospital co pay when your admitted…. We sell bundles of this stuff…. Average cost is like $20 a month and you add some extra cash in you pocket…. Not to mention the retention rate when you have more than one policy placed in the house….

And Referrals…. If your not getting 3 or 4 referrals in every house YOUR CRAZY! Or they might of seen no value in your presentation… I hope Your Crazy!

I actually agree with your approach. I used the same approach when I was with a captive company. We had a fact finding sheet that went over Health, Life, Savings, and something else. I sold more annuities that way.

I do not agree that the t-65 market is where to prospect. I like to get a T-65 person but I do not ever focus on it. I think the 3-4 referrals you are talking about are not true referrals either. :nah:

Well you obviously cant ramble about other products without discussing medicare…

But before the sales pitch it’s a MUST absolute MUST that you ask….

Are you still paying for your Life Insurance….

Are You happy with the interest rate your getting on your savings…

If you went into the nursing home last week, do you have a plan that would help with the cost….

After you have asked all the right questions you then pivot to Medicare…. After the sale you say:

“Well I see that you have no life insurance”

Or, “If there was a program that could yield you a higher interest rate than what you are currently getting but still protect your money from losses, would that be something you would be interested AT LOOKING AT FURTHER?”

Also, we have contracted with an indemnity product… Guaranteed Trust Life, has a good one…. It pays the hospital co pay when your admitted…. We sell bundles of this stuff…. Average cost is like $20 a month and you add some extra cash in you pocket…. Not to mention the retention rate when you have more than one policy placed in the house….

And Referrals…. If your not getting 3 or 4 referrals in every house YOUR CRAZY! Or they might of seen no value in your presentation… I hope Your Crazy!

You obviously use a much more intense and high pressure approach than I do. The bulk of my business now is referrals. To me a true referral is when a client calls me and gives me the name of a person they have talked to and who is interested in talking to me. Not a name they "pulled from the phone book". Anyone can get a new client to give them the names of three people. Those to me are neither "leads" or "referrals".

I have never understood an agent selling an indemnity product to someone who is on Medicare and has a Medicare Supplement policy. It is simply a way for the agent to generate more commission, not something that the prospect really needs. However, that would probably go along with the intense selling approach that you say you use.

I feel that you are not a daily producer but rather more of a high pressure recruiter. All of what you have said sounds good and would probably work in a perfect world. (I've heard it from every agency that has ever contacted me.) I for one do not live or work in that perfect world. I live in the same world my prospects and clients live in. I treat them with the respect that I would want them to treat me with if our rolls were reversed. My goal is to help them, not to see how much of their money I can get.

You obviously use a much more intense and high pressure approach than I do. The bulk of my business now is referrals. To me a true referral is when a client calls me and gives me the name of a person they have talked to and who is interested in talking to me. Not a name they "pulled from the phone book". Anyone can get a new client to give them the names of three people. Those to me are neither "leads" or "referrals".

I have never understood an agent selling an indemnity product to someone who is on Medicare and has a Medicare Supplement policy. It is simply a way for the agent to generate more commission, not something that the prospect really needs. However, that would probably go along with the intense selling approach that you say you use.

I feel that you are not a daily producer but rather more of a high pressure recruiter. All of what you have said sounds good and would probably work in a perfect world. (I've heard it from every agency that has ever contacted me.) I for one do not live or work in that perfect world. I live in the same world my prospects and clients live in. I treat them with the respect that I would want them to treat me with if our rolls were reversed. My goal is to help them, not to see how much of their money I can get.

First and foremost....

If you are ONLY selling med supps your probably starving because rates are higher than ever and MOST people opt into a Med Advantage...

WIth a med advantage the most out of pocket risk is in the hospital...

So you take a zero Premium plan and tag on an Indemnity and if you go in the hospital you pay nothing.... but you do pay co pays at the dr and such....

Make sense, it would be retarded to sell an indemnity with a supp... NO NEED.

Second... I have been in insurance for years, you were probably just a thought when I got started in this industry.... so dont preach at me about high pressure and selling techniques...

In the senior market if you ask:

"Now since you have seen some value in what I have provided to you, do you think that you may have some friends or family that could also benefit from this?"

If you cant get referrals then you WILL NOT make it!

And if you dont put some kind of pressure you will not make it... I mean if you get no and then pack your stuff and leave.... you will not make it... but if you can deliver a sale with passion and trully think you are doing the right thing, you will be as wealthy as you want to be....

I have never got a call from a pissed off kid because I sold too much life insurance to his dead mom!

Come on man be real... if your doing this soley on doing the right thing... you are doing this part time... If your focus is not on making money and helping people you will NEVER make it

been there done that!

First and foremost....

If you are ONLY selling med supps your probably starving because rates are higher than ever and MOST people opt into a Med Advantage...

WIth a med advantage the most out of pocket risk is in the hospital...

So you take a zero Premium plan and tag on an Indemnity and if you go in the hospital you pay nothing.... but you do pay co pays at the dr and such....

Second... I have been in insurance for years, you were probably just a thought when I got started in this industry.... so dont preach at me about high pressure and selling techniques...

In the senior market if you ask:

"Now since you have seen some value in what I have provided to you, do you think that you may have some friends or family that could also benefit from this?"

If you cant get referrals then you WILL NOT make it!

And if you dont put some kind of pressure you will not make it... I mean if you get no and then pack your stuff and leave.... you will not make it... but if you can deliver a sale with passion and trully think you are doing the right thing, you will be as wealthy as you want to be....

I have never got a call from a pissed off kid because I sold too much life insurance to his dead mom!

Come on man be real... if your doing this soley on doing the right thing... you are doing this part time... If your focus is not on making money and helping people you will NEVER make it

been there done that!

I beg your pardon! How dare you talk to me like some junk yard dog. You don't know **** about me or my business.

Obviously I was correct about who you are though. It is individuals like you that have given all honest agents a bad name.

Save that bull-**** about the things that "must" be done, your great referral business, the "pressure" that has to be used and how successful you are with the T-65 market for newly licensed agents you are trying to bleed and the prospects you are trying to screw out of their hard earned money.

You might be able to get away with a statement like that elsewhere, but on this forum, you must back up your bullshit with fact. Please provide the information where MOST people opt into a Med Advantage.

Yet based upon your posts, I bet that a number of your clients have been sold just that. Simply my guess.

Then don't post them here. There is no doubt that you believe in the all might buck more than in providing the best product for your client.

As far as longevity in the business, my insurance license was issued on 8/19/78. And just like your comment about how long you've been selling insurance, it means nothing.

Obviously you don't need to be new to the industry to be more concerned about yourself than your clients.

There is a big difference between pressure and guidance. I tend to guide my clients into what is the correct decision. The word pressure is never part of my vocabulary.

been there done that!
Think you have that backward. Your focus should be on helping people. If you help enough people you will make money. As far as NEVER making it, speaking just for myself, I'm happy with a 6 figure income. I never have to lose sleep because I coerced anyone (especially a senior) into buying insurance.

The difference between the two of us is ethics. I have them and I'm not sure you do.

Lastly, I would have thought that someone in the industry for as long as you say you've been would know the difference between YOUR and YOU'RE. Not knowing how to express yourself properly reduces your credibility to an even lower level.

Rick

P.S. Did I ever welcome you to the forum? Consider this your baptism.

You might be able to get away with a statement like that elsewhere, but on this forum, you must back up your bullshit with fact. Please provide the information where MOST people opt into a Med Advantage.

Yet based upon your posts, I bet that a number of your clients have been sold just that. Simply my guess.

Then don't post them here. There is no doubt that you believe in the all might buck more than in providing the best product for your client.

As far as longevity in the business, my insurance license was issued on 8/19/78. And just like your comment about how long you've been selling insurance, it means nothing.

Obviously you don't need to be new to the industry to be more concerned about yourself than your clients.

There is a big difference between pressure and guidance. I tend to guide my clients into what is the correct decision. The word pressure is never part of my vocabulary.

Think you have that backward. Your focus should be on helping people. If you help enough people you will make money. As far as NEVER making it, speaking just for myself, I'm happy with a 6 figure income. I never have to lose sleep because I coerced anyone (especially a senior) into buying insurance.

The difference between the two of us is ethics. I have them and I'm not sure you do.

Lastly, I would have thought that someone in the industry for as long as you say you've been would know the difference between YOUR and YOU'RE. Not knowing how to express yourself properly reduces your credibility to an even lower level.

Rick

P.S. Did I ever welcome you to the forum? Consider this your baptism.

Haha, Well I appreciate the Baptism!

And wow, I never thought Insurance could be so intense!

I can see an agent selling med supps in rural areas with little Med advantages... but in major cities its impossible... ]

You will not make six figures selling med supps in Chicago...

As far as my Ethics... I would never support someone doing something wrong to a person especially a senior... but selling too much insurance is unheard of...

Have you ever got a call from a pissed of son because you sold his dead mom too much life insurance?

If you have then I will concede my point on there is no such thing as too much insurance...

and your doing your clients a great disservice if you are not talking about some kind of hospital indemnity with a med advantage...

Here in OH the cost for ONE DAY IN THE HOSPITAL IS $625 with Humana GOld...

I would rather pay $20 a month than pay that...

Last edited:
Haha, Well I appreciate the Baptism!

And wow, I never thought Insurance could be so intense!

I can see an agent selling med supps in rural areas with little Med advantages... but in major cities its impossible... ]

You will not make six figures selling med supps in Chicago...

As far as my Ethics... I would never support someone doing something wrong to a person especially a senior... but selling too much insurance is unheard of...

Have you ever got a call from a pissed of son because you sold his dead mom too much life insurance?

If you have then I will concede my point on there is no such thing as too much insurance...

and your doing your clients a great disservice if you are not talking about some kind of hospital indemnity with a med advantage...

Here in OH the cost for ONE DAY IN THE HOSPITAL IS $625 with Humana GOld...

I would rather pay $20 a month than pay that...

You were making your earlier points about selling Med Supps. I find little to argue about with this post.

Except, I sell a bunch of Med Supps and I live in Los Angeles. Now I realize that compared to Chicago maybe Los Angeles is considered a rural area. So your correct statement should be "It's UNLIKELY that anyone can make 6 figures...etc." Apparently the only person we can be certain of that can not do this is you. Everyone else is just conjecture (although probably correct.)

Not everyone wants a plan where they may not be able to see their doctor. Not everyone wants less that terrific coverage.

I trust you will agree that simply on the basis of healthcare, MA's take a back seat to Medicare+Supplement. Yes?

Lastly, where is your proof that most people opt for MA. You made the statement. Back it up.

Rick

Last edited:
You were making your earlier points about selling Med Supps. I find little to argue about with this post.

Except, I sell a bunch of Med Supps and I live in Los Angeles. Now I realize that compared to Chicago maybe Los Angeles is considered a rural area.

Not everyone wants a plan where they may not be able to see their doctor. Not everyone wants less that terrific coverage.

I trust you will agree that simply on the basis of healthcare, MA's take a back seat to Medicare+Supplement. Yes?

Rick

I agree 100%. Medicare+Supp is the Cadillac of Healthcare, BUT, The rates of these plans will soon be through the roof. With less people enrolling in them and even more people leaving I dont see Supps staying around much longer.

Aetna has an MA that cost $115 per month that is comparable to a Supp. If My client wanted a Supp, I would present this Aetna Plan.

But I see where youre coming from.

I prefer an Advantage with Hospital Indemnity... If they are sick, I prefer the above Aetna Plan.

I also like the MSA's. They are pretty good! I've sold many of these also.

I agree 100%. Medicare+Supp is the Cadillac of Healthcare, BUT, The rates of these plans will soon be through the roof. With less people enrolling in them and even more people leaving I dont see Supps staying around much longer.

Aetna has an MA that cost $115 per month that is comparable to a Supp. If My client wanted a Supp, I would present this Aetna Plan.

Mutual of Omaha's new company, the name escapes me, has a Med supp available in Ohio for $79.00 per month for a female turning 65. I'm not sure where the zip code is in the state but it must be in a rural area.

I only sell insurance in rural areas. St. Louis use to be a good market for Med Supps until around 1995 when HMO's hit town with their full-page newspaper ads. Since I couldn't sell HMO's or compete with them I went to the country.

Not that it is any of your business but I have made six figures every year selling Med Supps since 1996. I got my license in '93. So next time you think you are so damn smart you might want to hold back a little until you get more information.

You would do well to remember that, you never learn anything while you are talking and it is better to let people think you are uninformed than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

I have not seen the premiums "going through the roof" as you put it. Nor do I see that happening anytime soon. If anything, I think companies are making a greater effort now than several years ago to try to keep premiums reasonably priced for seniors.

Back