Terminated?!

I actually used to be a sales manager for Universal American. I'll have to let you know, MA business is sketchy at the moment. I'll say this, we had a captive producer sell over 300 policies in 2010 out of OKC and he had 97% approval rating. The 3% was researched and of those 9, 3 were submitted by the same person, 5 were resolved issues, and 1 was legit. That was enough excuse to fire this guy from corporate. So much is at stake for these MA companies, most of them have moved to a centralized business model and do not hesitate canceling a "bad apple". IMO, its not worth the effort to go MA unless you really cannot place them in a Sup. I know for some states, $0 premium is about as easy as it gets; free money. Either way, Good luck.

Yikes. What was the "legit" complaint? I'm wondering if MAs should have ever opened it up to brokers. It led to a lot of greed and shady dealings with the old people. Everyone is now paying the price. I sold these plans since the early 90s and am struggling to abide by all of the CMS requirements. I really put a lot of effort to help my clients, but I am hoping that this will be my last AEP. When you start feeling like a cockroach criminal for trying to be a quasi social worker/salesman/counselor, then it feels like it's time to move on to something else.

Last edited:
Long story short- this is the kind of redundant, non-sensical bullshit that happens as the government becomes more and more in control of our daily lives.

Stories like the above just show you can't count on renewals.
Everything is heading for FYC. (first yr commis).

Sow your efforts into other products so your income stream is diverse and license with several carriers. No one company is the ultimate, no matter what they tell you.

I was terminated by humana Humana is firing independent agents and stealing there residuals.. It just happened to me. They fired me (without cause). Now there not paying me for the three years I wrote for them. Thank god all my business is not with them. Diversify.. When I try to get some answers all you get is the run around. They know they can f---you and there's NOTHING you can do. I wouldn't be surprised if they did to everyone eventually. When I saw the clause I'm my contract that they could fire you for no reason. I knew it was a matter of time before I was f---ed.

I was terminated by humana Humana is firing independent agents and stealing there residuals.. It just happened to me. They fired me (without cause). Now there not paying me for the three years I wrote for them. Thank god all my business is not with them. Diversify.. When I try to get some answers all you get is the run around. They know they can f---you and there's NOTHING you can do. I wouldn't be surprised if they did to everyone eventually. When I saw the clause I'm my contract that they could fire you for no reason. I knew it was a matter of time before I was f---ed.

Didn't they at least send you flowers and call you in the morning?

Any one here know how long the look back is with UHC/AARP MAPD for background these days? Know from experience? I know it use to be 10 years for bk's and things like that. How about for misdemeanors ie: Disorderly Conduct, 10 years, 7, 5??

Any one here know how long the look back is with UHC/AARP MAPD for background these days? Know from experience? I know it use to be 10 years for bk's and things like that. How about for misdemeanors ie: Disorderly Conduct, 10 years, 7, 5??
Thanks for the blast from the past got a chance to read things I posted 7 years ago....really

BK's are not part of public record after 10 yrs. Old Misdemeanors are difficult to find,...and i don't think Insurance CO's. could use 'a misdemeanor' that you disclosed from 10+ yrs ago. I think it more likely your VECTOR and credit advances, scores that they are interested in.

I for one refuse to take advances (to dangerous IMO).

Back