Terminated?!

I recently got terminated by CIP " for cause", I just enrolled member to the plan, and this member was confused by several outbound calls from CIP about paying premium for Silver plan.
Member called me on my cell while I was on the fileds with clients, I called to my assistant to ask what nature of the problem, but this member put my assistant through 3 way conference call to CIP and I was terminated because " my assistant was engaged to selling activity". Policy was already sold, what selling activity do they mean? I have appealed, no result. This case with this particular member sounds very , very strange, it looks like CIP had "secret shopper" to put agent or his assistant on 3 way call and use this reason for termination.
Does somebody else had similar problem?

My brain may not be working, since I can't seem to remember who CIP is....but I haven't heard of that happening. Did you have a chance to respond to the compliance case? What did your assistance say?

To answer some of the questions. First and foremost why didn't I have health insurance. I have been to the Doctor four times in over ten years. Once for a physical, once for hives, once for a prescription to help me deal with my teenage son, and once to help me deal with a hot lady! LOL My kids have not seen me have a COLD in their lifetime > Not kidding. Kidney stones in the year 2000. So all in all, I UNWISELY did not purchase health insurance as I thought I was invincible! Just a mean ass Hungarian whose only fear was ex-wives!

I am an ICA for UHC. I love the business and have built up a very nice residual income in a short period of time. Very thankful for that and want to continue doing so. Hard work has paid off and thanks to my treatments and moderate pain management I am ready willing and able to continue to work hard.

Found out yesterday that the big flag that probably blew up my background check was the 37,000 dollar hospital bill for 6 days in the hospital. Was told that over 25,000 in bills is the red line. I am putting together a payback plan with a third party debt arbitration company that will get everyone paid back over the next four years.

I am hoping that this will suffice to UHC to show my sincerity to pay my bills and to continue producing for them.

Will be contacting some of you privately for more advice.

I sincerely appreciate all the feedback and good thoughts from the good people on this forum. Stay healthy!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Re the Health Insurance Comments, Top Producer etc.

I just realized, that if EVERY middle aged man who could AFFORD health insurance and life insurance had it in place,

Most of the people on this forum would be UNEMPLOYED!

:D
Now go sell something!

Why in the world would you feel obligated to defend yourself to a bunch of insurance agents who feel like they MUST know your business, and actually think they have a right to know it.

Remember, you are in a fantasy land called cyberspace. Half of these guys probably lie about their situation.

The best way to answer a question like you were asked is answer it by saying "I'm sorry, at some point in our converstaion I must have given you the idea that I care about your opinion." Enough said!!!

I was turned down about two weeks ago, but after providing evidence that my situation is improving and I am taking care of my outstanding debts, they proceeded with appointment. So basically there is hope as long as you have a working solution to your current situation.

Why in the world would you feel obligated to defend yourself to a bunch of insurance agents who feel like they MUST know your business, and actually think they have a right to know it.

Remember, you are in a fantasy land called cyberspace. Half of these guys probably lie about their situation.

The best way to answer a question like you were asked is answer it by saying "I'm sorry, at some point in our converstaion I must have given you the idea that I care about your opinion." Enough said!!!

All hail king wannabe

Bob,

Having been in the business over 23 years, nothing surprises me anymore. However, UHC needs us and if you really want to retain your license, I'd call Shep directly and let him handle it.

Bob,

Having been in the business over 23 years, nothing surprises me anymore. However, UHC needs us and if you really want to retain your license, I'd call Shep directly and let him handle it.

Only had 3 cases with them anyway. Got terminated. Moved on to Humana and Windsor and Universal to replace them. Happy with who I have.

I actually used to be a sales manager for Universal American. I'll have to let you know, MA business is sketchy at the moment. I'll say this, we had a captive producer sell over 300 policies in 2010 out of OKC and he had 97% approval rating. The 3% was researched and of those 9, 3 were submitted by the same person, 5 were resolved issues, and 1 was legit. That was enough excuse to fire this guy from corporate. So much is at stake for these MA companies, most of them have moved to a centralized business model and do not hesitate canceling a "bad apple". IMO, its not worth the effort to go MA unless you really cannot place them in a Sup. I know for some states, $0 premium is about as easy as it gets; free money. Either way, Good luck.

Back