Top 10 FE Companies that Every Agent Should Have at Their Disposal...

Once again this is my Top 10 list based on the situations that I encounter in the field. Your list doesn't have to be the same.

Instead of just criticizing my list, why don't you post yours along with why you like them?

- "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm not familiar with SL&C, and if their rates are lower overall, this must be a fairly recent development.

I don't thing you will find to many FE agents on this forum that will disagree with me in regards to Oxford life.

If you can provide proof I will modify my statement.

Also, you need to"Lighten up", this is meant to be a "light" fun discussion or debate - it's not that serious!

Erroneous information is never to be taken lightly. :no:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Very good points...I especially agree with your point regarding "getting issued is better", that is why I included companies in my list where there is no phone interview, MIB or Script check.

In regards to Oxford life I will modify my original post from "lowest rates in the industry" to "low rates".

Much better and accurate.:yes:

Last edited:
Customer service, claim payment, speed and accuracy of commissions, etc can all play a part in how high a company ranks in an individuals mind as well. Just look at the decline in people selling Foresters.

OK, putting Foresters on any list and leving off Monumental and AmCon is just ridiculous.

I haven't written business with Monumental for awhile, but when I did write for them; I wasn't particularly happy with some of their customer service and didn't necessarily see a huge advantage in regards to their underwriting and app placement from the other companies that I was using.

Who knows, maybe those factors have since changed.

Just my thoughts, but once again, this is my list, you don't have to agree with me.

The main point of this thread was to give others the opportunity to share their top 10 list, not just nitpick at mine's.

Last edited:
As for FE, I don't have a top ten but I prefer Settlers, Standard L&C (for premium), Equitable L&C (Insulin diabetics and COPD), United National Life (immediate benefit only 18 months after cancer treatment but high premium - also have a good rate for people in very good health).. Have UHL but have never found need to write them. No longer carry true GI as I prefer not to write it. If I were full time FE, my list might be different but with these companies I can offer a competitive plan in most situations.

As for FE, I don't have a top ten but I prefer Settlers, Standard L&C (for premium), Equitable L&C (Insulin diabetics and COPD), United National Life (immediate benefit only 18 months after cancer treatment but high premium - also have a good rate for people in very good health).. Have UHL but have never found need to write them. No longer carry true GI as I prefer not to write it. If I were full time FE, my list might be different but with these companies I can offer a competitive plan in most situations.

I just used them on a guy with Lupus SLE. Is there a better alternative?

Thanks, Lee

I just used them on a guy with Lupus SLE. Is there a better alternative?

Thanks, Lee

Which plan did they qualify for?

Had a person with Lou Gehrig's that Settlers took standard when every one else I could find had a knock out question on Lou Gehrig's. Settlers didn't ask.

Which plan did they qualify for?

Had a person with Lou Gehrig's that Settlers took standard when every one else I could find had a knock out question on Lou Gehrig's. Settlers didn't ask.

They sound solid, but I do not believe they are CA. I have several Lupus leads. I would like a couple alternatives other than Graded.

Hey everybody, I'm sure that this has probably been done before, but what are the top 10 final expense insurance companies that you feel every agent should have at his or her disposal?...

Here's mine in no particular order, what's your's?...

1) Foresters - First day coverage for people diagnosed with a heart attack or congestive heart failure, if they have not been treated in the past two years, low smoker and non-smoker rates, 1st day coverage for diabetics on insulin, advances paid upon approval, can sell FE policies over the phone.

2) Royal Neighbors of America - low rates for non-smokers, 1st day coverage for diabetics on insulin, advances paid upon app. approval, no weight restrictions, very good traditional whole life product.

3) Oxford Life - low rates , good SPWL life product.

4) Mutual of Omaha - Name recognition, good children's FE product with unisex rates for ages 0-25, good medicare supplement product.

5) United Home Life - lenient underwriting, all-in-one app with guaranteed issue product, 1st day coverage for diabetics on insulin.

6) Settlers Life - good 10-Pay and 20-Pay FE product, good graded and modified FE rates.

7) Americo - good all-in-one app, good guaranteed issue product, good rates for healthy individuals.

8) Baltimore Life - can sell FE over the phone, graded death benefit (1st year-25%, 2nd year-50%) for people with congestive heart failure, good SPWL product, decent rates.

9) Lincoln Heritage - Commission advances paid upon "Submit" , does not charge back commissions all at once, no phone interview, No MIB or Script Checks, takes credit cards, "No up-front fee leads".

10) American Continental - coverage for ages 45-89, No weight restrictions, No MIB or Script Checks, competitive premiums.

What about Presidential Life for the lowest rates on a true GI ( in Fl at least) other than mutual of Omaha's direct to consumer policy.It's good to have the MOO information handy if it can free up some money for the spouse to by a policy from you or if you just want to do someone a favor.

Back