Trying to Hold On! Need Help

Xrac, I see. Is it easy to get in with them? How do they work lead wise?

You have to supply your own leads and work your warm market except with Combined and American Income and to a lesser degree AGLA. Although you will probably pick up a few orphans with all of them.

Combined and AGLA will give you a book of business to work. Combined especially will teach you to door knocking. America Income provides leads and in some markets sets the appointments. However, all of these places will provide you with some training.

Your should be you're......add should be ad......lol should be eliminated from everyone's vocabulary.......i should be I......ill should be i'll........iv should be i've.....im should be i'm......kinda should be banned......ALL CAPS should be banned......you shouldn't start sentences with the word But.......MORE LIKE WHERE CAN I START isn't a sentence......your last sentence isn't a sentence. Your name is Lorraine12 and you convey yourself like a 12 year old girl instead of a woman who is seeking a career in sales. If you really want a career in this field, you have to change your outlook and get serious. I'm sorry for the candor but sometimes it's necessary.

Your last sentence should have a comma after "candor".

Not to be mean, but when a client needs to file a death claim will you be too busy gardening then as well?

Maybe I will be too busy, and maybe when one of your clients files a claim you'll be too busy being an a******. Not to be mean, but I take death seriously and my family activities aren't a joke.

Last edited:
Wow. I needed a giggle this morning...

1. Grammar is critical in written communication. This is a business forum. You are correct, not every post has perfect grammar. However, your original post got an F.
2. Most of us just came through an AEP that has left us feeling a bit drained, so hearing about gardening and kids might set a few people off.
3. If you don't want to spend money on leads, then I would network. Your local Chamber of Commerce and googling "network groups" would be a great place to start.
4. Send a letter to family, friends, acquaintances. Especially for women, this is critical. Men always know what the other men do for a living. Its not always true for women and you want everyone to know what you are selling. Not because you are going to annoy them with a sales call, but in a year when "Aunt Bea" needs a med sup, she will remember to call her niece.
5. Figure out what you want to sell and focus on it. After you have learned one thing, add something else. Don't try and sell multiple products at the beginning.
6. Your best mentor will most likely be another woman in the business. (Again, you might me some possibilities at a chamber or networking event.)

I'm a single mom and this is a fabulous mom career. I have busted my a** over 12 years to get here, though. I wish you the best of luck!

Lorraine, I am sorry that you welcome here hasn't been warmer. This place tends to have a pack mentality, and if a respected member has something critical to say, others see that as a free pass to pile on. My wife is a teacher, and during the summer months I also take family days from time to time.

Kgmom219, thank you for that. I was being too laid back on here, and although I'm not great at grammar I can do better than what I was doing. Thank you for the advice, your on point.

----------

Centralsolution, that's exactly whats going on here. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one getting that impression. Thank you.

Back