UH beats WellCare VS

Midlevel

Guru
1000 Post Club
Just ran eliquis and the $100/month UH PDP beats WellCare $0.00 plan by around $350.00 for the year due to deductible on WellCare and $47.00 copay on UH vs 25% on Wellcare.

Some of the MAPD’s total amount paid by client would be around $600.00 for the year due to no premium, no deductible and $47.00 tier 3 copay So client pays for 1 month in full and company and Gov’t pay the other 11 months.

I’m sure most will still choose WellCare VS if needing a stand alone plan but it is interesting how messed up they have made the drug plans.

Same with Xaralto- $241 better.
Xaralto, + Mounjouro a $382 beat by UHC pref vs WCV.
I will wait a few weeks until this gets verified and cleaned up. Agree, most people will still choose WCV at $0 premium.

Just ran eliquis and the $100/month UH PDP beats WellCare $0.00 plan by around $350.00 for the year due to deductible on WellCare and $47.00 copay on UH vs 25% on Wellcare.

Some of the MAPD’s total amount paid by client would be around $600.00 for the year due to no premium, no deductible and $47.00 tier 3 copay So client pays for 1 month in full and company and Gov’t pay the other 11 months.

I’m sure most will still choose WellCare VS if needing a stand alone plan but it is interesting how messed up they have made the drug plans.
Are you adding in the monthly premium, what site are you using

Medicare dot gov. Uhc comes out to around $1623 total out of pocket in FL. Including premium.
I’m surprised of how many MAPD plans cover Eliquis for under $300 for the year.

Rybelsus - $47 copay until July. Then $0. No other drugs listed. Uhc will be huge for anyone taking brand

Same scenario for Ozempic, Trulicity, Januvia, Jardiance and Xarelto. And the full prices look fairly close compared to other years at least on these expensive meds. The MAPD's that have no deductible and $47.00 Tier 3's are blowing them all out of the water.

Same scenario for Ozempic, Trulicity, Januvia, Jardiance and Xarelto. And the full prices look fairly close compared to other years at least on these expensive meds. The MAPD's that have no deductible and $47.00 Tier 3's are blowing them all out of the water.

UHC is also beating Wellcare with Repatha because wellcare doesn't cover it.lol

Anybody up in here good at algebra to solve for what the drug cost dollar amount need to be with a plan with fixed tier 3 copay plan with a 100.00 and 0 deductible premium need to be to be more cost effective than a 0 premium plan with 25% tier 3 co insurance?

Back