Uhc Commission Addendum

UHC owes something only to their shareholders. Somebody holding a gun to your head to sell them?

There's always a shrill apologist in the crowd who sticks up for the greedy HMO. Like a previous poster said, who is holding a gun to UHC's head to pay its royalty to AARP? Who is managing the costs of managing their administrative and medical management costs? I somehow doubt that the Sob CEO will take any cuts in pay, but if you're unfortunate enough to live in an area where "AARP MA" products are the only available products, it might hurt.

There's always a shrill apologist in the crowd who sticks up for the greedy HMO.
Not surprisingly, you've completely missed the point. I have NO interest in UHC - don't own the stock, don't work for 'em -don't sell any of their products.

Like a previous poster said, who is holding a gun to UHC's head to pay its royalty to AARP?
Like many, you're letting your emotion get in the way of logic. If their AARP arrangement wasn't profitable for them, they wouldn't do it!
I somehow doubt that the Sob CEO will take any cuts in pay...
So you don't want to take a "cut in pay", but he should? The CEO of UHC (and any public company) serves at the pleasure of the Board of Directors. If they don't think they're getting their money's worth, they can make a change (see Men's Warehouse). This is capitalism bub (thank god), the CEO is making exactly what he's worth.
but if you're unfortunate enough to live in an area where "AARP MA" products are the only available products, it might hurt.
Please cite some examples of where this has occurred. Going with an MA plan is a choice. You could have selected original Medicare with a supp.

Not surprisingly, you've completely missed the point. I have NO interest in UHC - don't own the stock, don't work for 'em -don't sell any of their products.

Like many, you're letting your emotion get in the way of logic. If their AARP arrangement wasn't profitable for them, they wouldn't do it!
So you don't want to take a "cut in pay", but he should? The CEO of UHC (and any public company) serves at the pleasure of the Board of Directors. If they don't think they're getting their money's worth, they can make a change (see Men's Warehouse). This is capitalism bub (thank god), the CEO is making exactly what he's worth.
Please cite some examples of where this has occurred. Going with an MA plan is a choice. You could have selected original Medicare with a supp.

Rock solid post.

The only part I mildly disagree with is "could have selected a supp" some folks would be right back where they were prior to MA's with Medicare only, and with UHC buying the smaller MA's they kinda got us by the ying yang. But I know MM would say go sell where that's not an issue...lol...right MM??

The way it was explained to me by the local UHC Rep, was that with so many plans changing in 2014, they made this move knowing that plans in those areas wont be sold. This is supposedly to limit what is sold before the change. My email says for 2013 plans. Take it for what it is worth, it was just a phone conversation and nothing official.

The way it was explained to me by the local UHC Rep, was that with so many plans changing in 2014, they made this move knowing that plans in those areas wont be sold.

Then why the need to make it?

If you trust the UHC "rep" to tell you the truth - I've got some swampland in South Florida I'd like to talk to you about...

Well they are discontinuing the POS and CIP-copd is going away. So is the lppo.

HMO will be the plan most encouraged...new carriers are promoting that only.

Service area reductions, pulling out of markets, premium or moop changes....every year makes these ma-pd products unstable but the public loves it so we make money.

Back