Uhc Commission Addendum

I pity the agents that has most of his or her clients on any non-renewal MA plan. It could shut you down.

At best it would amount to a lateral transfer with no net income change.

Especially disastrous would be a block of the dual SNP's in counties without an alternative indi Dual SNP. Nope I'm very glad I stayed away from the SNP's part of the MA biz.

Been there and done it. With uhc. Back in 2010. PFFS plan terminated and several counties in my area were discontinued
Spent all of aep Attempting to save my bob. Sold med supps to the counties that were out. Ant rolled most to new HMO-pos plan
Did write some new business. And saved the majority of my existing bob. You are so right all effort was to maintain bob. With no of income increse
I am in small area. I am sure that some agents are spread out
One advantage I had is I stayed in contact with bob throughout the year so I had some leverage/credibility with bob

For agents anticipating the boot. Get in touch with your bob (send a letter). And let them know you are with them and you have a solution for them.
Be proactive.

The reason they are zero-commission is because those plans are being phased out for 2014.

I don't doubt you, but is there an official memo on this? If so, would you post it?

I don't doubt you, but is there an official memo on this? If so, would you post it?

I haven't seen anything about plan exit. But common sense on my part can read the writing on the wall
Personally I would prefer a plan exit rather than a change to $0 commission plan. Because then you have the opportunity to change the client to another plan, including supps (with gi).

Time will tell but If you are one whose business is involved I would make serious plans for change

The Miami/Dade county was zero commission last year too, there is no need to speculate that plans are leaving when plans will not even be announced until August 7th.

Back