Unethical? Illegal? Spammy?

Pangea...My concern with that idea is that they originally searched online for health insurance and found my website (6 months ago).

Now, I am bringing up a completely different product, so I really didn't expect to hear from them regarding the new product quote I am offering.

And Bob...I am always tempted to get rid of prospects after 6 months of no-contact, but I get a fair amount of interest at the 11 month and 17 month marks.
I'll tell you from the point of view of a consumer that I have ONE insurance guy who shops for me period. Doesn't matter if it's life or health I'd still put two and two together, unless I signed up for many websites at the same time.

It may not be double opt-in, but I feel if you do it respectfully there shouldn't be an issue.

Why not just mention that they contacted you about health insurance and you happened to find this awesome term program then say "by the way? Did you sign up for life yet?"

I think it'll be fine and I consider myself to be someone what a spam policeman.

Chumps it's great you are always thinking of ideas.

However with this one, I think your results will be virtually ZERO.

You would have to be pushing thousands (hundreds of thousands) to millions of emails to get any response worth mentioning IMHO.

Although I don't call them, as soon as they hit the "quote" button, automatically, of course, the quotes are presented to them. I send a personal email and the autoresponder sends them 8-10 emails over a 14-month period.

Each email allows them to click a link and pull up current rates. So, I am in contact with them, but I choose not to call them. Why? I assume that if they meander onto a site and request health insurance quotes, they don't expect to be called on the phone.

Now...sometimes, prospects will call, email or apply for coverage without me calling them.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
TX...I figured you should know because you probably have sent millions of emails. Did you ever try anything like that. That is...emailing a different product line to your health prospects that never responded?

Last edited:
TX...I figured you should know because you probably have sent millions of emails. Did you ever try anything like that. That is...emailing a different product line to your health prospects that never responded?

Right... and the results are dismal.

Last edited:
Back