Verizon Wireless -my experiences

Re: Verizon Wireless is Scamming Us and They Suck!

Today it was announced that Verizon Wireless will offer 4G service by the end of this year in the Philadelphia metropolitan region.

They took 90 million dollars from their customers in error??

You know people were calling in and reporting this error like myself.

Even after the lawsuit and being on ABC WORLD NEWS they are still billing me for it and I'm having to call in complain every month.

They are hoping that no one will catch the error or want to waste 45 mins on hold with them.

This is just dirty...

This is terrible. I have had AT&T for six years and never had any problems.

Except for dropped calls.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
They took 90 million dollars from their customers in error??

You know people were calling in and reporting this error like myself.

Even after the lawsuit and being on ABC WORLD NEWS they are still billing me for it and I'm having to call in complain every month.

They are hoping that no one will catch the error or want to waste 45 mins on hold with them.

This is just dirty...

Not for nothing Mark, but I think you're getting a little too worked up about this. A significant percentage of these overages are folks who pushed a button to access their internet and accessed it for a few moments or minutes and then disconnected it because they didn't mean to do it. Among that group are also some folks who did want to try it out, but then didn't want to pay for it. Verizon will gladly disable this ability from anyone's phone service, all you have to do is ask. Why don't you try that? Maybe the reason why the "take you" for it is because you are using the data when you don't realize you're doing it too, that's not uncommon.

I've been with Verizon Wireless for over 10 years and they have always treated me well. If I have a problem with a bill, I call up and they fix it. I've gone over on my minutes several times, but several hundred minutes, and they've just completely forgiven the charges. I wish I could say I was only a moron once, but a few times in one year they forgave a total of over 1000 minutes of overages, that seems mighty generous to me. I had problems with the same type of phone needing to be replaced 3 times and then they offered to let me have another type of phone free OR just pay whatever the extra amount is for a more expensive phone if I felt like it. I understand that this whole lawsuit and big to-do makes everyone enjoy demonizing a large corporation, but overall VZW has treated me very well.

One thing about VZW I especially appreciate is the phone call quality. I have a droid and I absolutely LOVE it for all that it can do (like work as a soft phone off my phone server), but the audio quality on the thing both ways is fantastic. That is my largest complaint with my friends with iPhones, I can never really hear them that well. Say it's the network, say it's the phone, say it's whatever you'd like, but my phone calls sound great because I have a great phone AND a great network.

Last edited:

I've been with Verizon Wireless for over 10 years and they have always treated me well. If I have a problem with a bill, I call up and they fix it. I've gone over on my minutes several times, but several hundred minutes, and they've just completely forgiven the charges. I wish I could say I was only a moron once, but a few times in one year they forgave a total of over 1000 minutes of overages, that seems mighty generous to me. I had problems with the same type of phone needing to be replaced 3 times and then they offered to let me have another type of phone free OR just pay whatever the extra amount is for a more expensive phone if I felt like it. I understand that this whole lawsuit and big to-do makes everyone enjoy demonizing a large corporation, but overall VZW has treated me very well.

One thing about VZW I especially appreciate is the phone call quality. I have a droid and I absolutely LOVE it for all that it can do (like work as a soft phone off my phone server), but the audio quality on the thing both ways is fantastic. That is my largest complaint with my friends with iPhones, I can never really hear them that well. Say it's the network, say it's the phone, say it's whatever you'd like, but my phone calls sound great because I have a great phone AND a great network.

Amen to that. I've been with Verizon for over eight years and I too have been pleased with their service. They always go out of their way for you and forgive many charges that were my fault. They did the same with text messages for me. Way back when, I thought I had to open it to receive it, not so. They forgave the charges and blocked texting on my phone for me.

One thing I have noticed, and I bet more than half the forum is guilty of this too. While customer service is lacking at many companies, how we treat customer service people is lacking too. As people and agents, we want to be treated with respect, why shouldn't we treat customer service people with respect? When I call in to any company, I almost always get my way, why? Because I am polite and respectful to the person I am speaking with, and I ask for what I want. People in these jobs get cursed at all day, why be one more douche they have to deal with, treat them well and if they can, they'll give you what you want.

It seems like every other month there is a $1.99 charge for megabit usage or a 411 call (which none of us do). I always get it credited, but it's the hassle of having to call them.

I just looked up my bill online and I'm getting a credit of $4.26 for the lawsuit. I think I'll take the day off.

It seems like every other month there is a $1.99 charge for megabit usage or a 411 call (which none of us do). I always get it credited, but it's the hassle of having to call them.

I just looked up my bill online and I'm getting a credit of $4.26 for the lawsuit. I think I'll take the day off.

Don't spend it all at once!

Except for dropped calls.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Not for nothing Mark, but I think you're getting a little too worked up about this. A significant percentage of these overages are folks who pushed a button to access their internet and accessed it for a few moments or minutes and then disconnected it because they didn't mean to do it. Among that group are also some folks who did want to try it out, but then didn't want to pay for it. Verizon will gladly disable this ability from anyone's phone service, all you have to do is ask. Why don't you try that? Maybe the reason why the "take you" for it is because you are using the data when you don't realize you're doing it too, that's not uncommon.

I have asked them to turn off the data feature and make it where I can't get charged.

My son's cell phone has been in my desk for 2 months, he got grounded and they charged him the data also. This is one way I know no one is pressing the wrong button or anything.

I don't know why I let it get to me, but it does bug me. I've been with them for years..but I'm already paying them over $100 a month, so don't try and take more out of me, when I can get a better deal just about anywhere for unlimited.

When my son gets a phone it'll be one of those Go Phones. I'll load it with minutes and when it's runs out for the month, that's it. If he wants a smart phone that's perfectly fine...when he's able to pay for the phone and the bill.

Back