Weekend Lead Generation / Sales Testing . . .

myinsurebiz

I am what I am . . .
5000 Post Club
We have located a nice location for our Call Center. We plan to have everything built , wired and programmed by the end of March.

Yesterday - myself and one agent did a field test using a generic list of 25 Male and 25 Female seniors 55 to 65 only. Incomes <$40k. Using zip+4 and SmartyStreets so we'd run route like a postal worker.

50 total visits. Total time was 6hours and 15minutes 1st door to last door.

Break Down:

48 knocks - 1 had a tree thru roof and 1 burnt down.

20 no answers.

18 basically told us to phuck off.

10 listened to the pitch and gave permission to let a Licensed Agent call them.

I took 5 and my buddy took 5. We called them today - both starting at 3pm.

I sold a $5000 FE @ $77 a month over the phone, set 1 appt for tomorrow, 2 didnt answer and 1 wasnt interested.

He sold 2 policies (same house - H/W) - total premium was $134, 2 didnt answer and 2 said they were not interested.

In the future - these leads will cost us $40 / $50 each to produce.

So @ $50 each - overall cost would be $500. $2532 AP - $3292 1st Year commission. $1646 Gross Revenue @ 6 month advance. $823 Commission Paid + $500 = $1323 expenses. $323 Gross Profit for the house. Not bad for the day . . .

Next Saturdays test will be D2D in a local Housing Project. Will be testing a local Regional Carrier's FE product via a "live transfer" option.

Lead Generator will create an interest. If someone agrees to meet with a Licensed Agent, one will be dispatched within an hour - two at max . . .

So you’re plan is to door knock to develop leads and sell them for $50 a pop?

Didn’t you make more money off the sales then you would have selling all the leads???

Or am I missing something?

Am I reading this correctly... are you saying that you'll be spending $500 to acquire a customer?

No 3 sales off of 500 so $166 a sale. Still a bad deal. Better returns using other lead sources. These are more expensive and I can’t imagine being better than TV leads.

While I applaud you for not just sitting on your hands trying to invent the perfect system, I really don't see the benefit of this.

You are going out in the field to generate leads so they can be sold over the phone...

Why not just sell them while you are there? I really just don't see the benefit of this.

And I'm completely serious. myinsurebiz got out there and did something. That is fantastic because we seem overrun with people suffering paralysis by analysis lately. I just don't get the goal here, it seems so inefficient, just cut out one of the steps and it would be so much more profitable.

And I'm completely serious. myinsurebiz got out there and did something. That is fantastic because we seem overrun with people suffering paralysis by analysis lately. I just don't get the goal here, it seems so inefficient, just cut out one of the steps and it would be so much more profitable.

The man is talking about recruiting and doing business with people living in a housing project.

Thats enough nonsense. The man is talking about seeking out people who live in housing projects to do business with. You say "Fantastic" well guess again. That is the most stupid idiotic idea in the world. Nobody aspires to work with people in the projects. Nobody in their right mind I should say.

Back