Wellcare paying no commissions on pdp’s

I never wrote their MA and don't see that ever happening.

If they are still the most appropriate plan for any of my stand alone people, I will educate them and help them get set up, but we will just have to set some boundaries around service through the year. I have a feeling their call centers are going to have a bad time in 2026.

I can stomach service for $50 a year, but no business can work for free. My clients will understand and I am sure that a few of them will be letting Aetna and Wellcare hear about it.

I never wrote their MA and don't see that ever happening.

If they are still the most appropriate plan for any of my stand alone people, I will educate them and help them get set up, but we will just have to set some boundaries around service through the year. I have a feeling their call centers are going to have a bad time in 2026.

I can stomach service for $50 a year, but no business can work for free. My clients will understand and I am sure that a few of them will be letting Aetna and Wellcare hear about it.

“Mrs. Smith, I’ll help you as much as I can but WellCare no longer allows insurance agents to advocate for their members. If you run into a problem, I can try to point you in the right direction but I won’t be much help because of how WellCare chooses to operate.”

If there’s another suitable plan option, I’ll mention it and explain that they operate differently and I’ll let the client choose.

In other words, I’ll be helpful but the help will be limited, and I’ll be clear that the help is limited because of how WellCare chooses to run its business.

“Mrs. Smith, I’ll help you as much as I can but WellCare no longer allows insurance agents to advocate for their members. If you run into a problem, I can try to point you in the right direction but I won’t be much help because of how WellCare chooses to operate.”

If there’s another suitable plan option, I’ll mention it and explain that they operate differently and I’ll let the client choose.

In other words, I’ll be helpful but the help will be limited, and I’ll be clear that the help is limited because of how WellCare chooses to run its business.
That nails it. I will always give my clients advice, but the days of conference calls with those idiots at Wellcare is over, for now.

That might be okay but suppose they have a med-supp with you? I would have to help.

That might be okay but suppose they have a med-supp with you? I would have to help.
Caveat, not an agent.

My first Medigap agent had at least one PDP he would neither recommend or help with enrollment for even if one had a Medigap account with him.

He just laid out his ground rules on a take it or leave it basis. I doubt it hurt his business very much.

I used plan finder for my PDP enrollment.

Ya help them move to a commission paying plan,
So, if your current client on NO meds or few generics is on WC Value for $0, and you can move them to a Cigna Assurance PDP for $0 with no commission, or move them to the $20 ABC PDP plan for the $50 commission. Which would you choose???

Ethics alert !!

And this is why they need to allow us to charge $50 fees

Back